Silverburst Custom - Adam Jones Signature

Should Adam Jones get his own signature Les Paul?

• Yes

Votes: 159 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 13.9%
  • Never heard the guy

Votes: 82 29.3%

• Total voters

ARandall

Reaction score
Well, there were always transition times.....and 1980 was one of them with the shift to the new pickup. The fact you have not only a different logo, but a different diamond pattern is odd if the supplier of said item remained the same (their tooling would have to change). This era was all about cutting costs. A different supplier fits perfectly into this.

The veneers were fibreboard - this started in the mid 70's IIRC. As the move to a fully finished unit (inlay and any binding already complete and ready to glue onto the neck shaft) would only have been done to streamline production, it is logical for the unit to have been outsourced. Indeed fibreboard was not something Gibson did, which is further evidence for a separate contractor.

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
So these come of Cesar Gueikian - CMO Chief Merchant Officer at Gibson - instagram (I never heard of the man till now), nice instagram though! https://www.instagram.com/gueikian/

So it seems that the Adam Jones sig will have a 3 piece maple top and ageing. Looks really nice I think but unfortunately not the sharp horn and the old headstock shape. Wonder what the electronics will be....

Schermafbeelding 2020-07-05 om 09.02.12 kopie.jpg
Schermafbeelding 2020-07-05 om 09.02.19 kopie.jpg
1UmsP8P kopie.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel.S

Reaction score
So these come of Cesar Gueikian - CMO Chief Merchant Officer at Gibson - instagram (I never heard of the man till now), nice instagram though! https://www.instagram.com/gueikian/

So it seems that the Adam Jones sig will have a 3 piece maple top and ageing. Looks really nice I think but unfortunately not the sharp horn and the old headstock shape. Wonder what the electronics will be....

View attachment 473494 View attachment 473495 View attachment 473496
Seems decent.
Looks like they’ve added the posi-lok strap buttons.

dsquared

Reaction score
Hard to see clearly but they appear to match the placement on Adam’s.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
It’ll be interesting to see the back of the neck aging as well.

dsquared

Reaction score
I'd like to know a few things
- release date
- MAP
- pickups
- aged and/or vos #s

gball

Reaction score
Yep, definitely off. The relationship of the tailpiece to knobs is slightly different on the Norlins. Small detail but a shame they didn't nail it for what these are going to cost.

Reflect_ion

Reaction score

This thing popped up on reverb earlier this week and apparently got sold within 48 hours. Meant to post it earlier while it was still online but too late.

I don't know if the information it contains is correct though. But what a price!! Seriously? o_O

flashbak

Reaction score
I think he deserves it. My only problem is it's cost. $14,995 for the signed one. That's just insane as far as I'm concerned. I'm hearing rumblings that Gibson will price the unsigned ones at 5K, and once again crazy!

Last edited:

dsquared

Reaction score
Many discrepancies in that listing vs what I’ve been told. Is he an authorized Gibson dealer?

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
Many discrepancies in that listing vs what I’ve been told. Is he an authorized Gibson dealer?
Sooo... what have you been told then? :)

Meanwhile the plot thickens:

10k for the VOS
16k for the aged and signed (limited at 79 made)

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Sooo I'm guessing the original 79's are going to go for bonker prices when these are actually being sold?

dsquared

Reaction score
I do not think any of those Reverb sellers are Gibson dealers. You’ll notice they list Gibsons on their sites, if they have one, as ‘unplayed’ but not ‘new.’ My guess is these guys preordered like any regular person and they are selling their preorder now that authorized dealers know their allocations.

1all's Pub

Reaction score
Sooo I'm guessing the original 79's are going to go for bonker prices when these are actually being sold?
Their prices kinda already are bonkers (any of those late 70s/early 80s SBs are, in fact).

Seven

Reaction score
Damn I would love to own one of these, but way too expensive for me. :shock:

Latest Threads