Silverburst Custom - Adam Jones Signature

Should Adam Jones get his own signature Les Paul?

• Yes

Votes: 159 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 13.9%
  • Never heard the guy

Votes: 82 29.3%

• Total voters

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
I'm wondering, for a reissue: what specs will Gibson use? Norlin specs with the small headstock and sharp horn? Silver turned green color?

jw3571

Reaction score
Well where is this model at NAMM? Really excited to see it.

orionz06

Reaction score
It's not at NAMM, Gibson just confirmed it and said it would be later in 2020.

snakepit87

Reaction score
Well, I bought an original 79 SB last year for £3.2k. Superb price I think, and that was including shipping from Canada! These guitars are so rare in the UK. I absolutely love it, its a brilliant guitar and I love the ageing. I was a bit apprehensive at first hearing about the sig model, as it was announced just after I bought mine. But now I'm really interested in how they'll meet AJ's quality standards, how they recreate that finish, and if the sig boosts the prices of the orginals. All interesting stuff to come from Gibson and AJ. Much more interesting than the Slash sigs these days, which ended up getting ridiculous!

JohnnyPhatsaqs

Reaction score
I wouldn’t mind if he did. But I am not a Tool fan at all. I hate their sound and their songs. When one of their songs comes on I can change the station (XM) fast enough. I should like them as I’m prime age to be a fan of theirs. 43 years old. Didn’t like them back in the day and like them less now.

That said, I don’t doubt their talent and influence. Just isn’t for me.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Well, I bought an original 79 SB last year for £3.2k. Superb price I think, and that was including shipping from Canada! These guitars are so rare in the UK. I absolutely love it, its a brilliant guitar and I love the ageing. I was a bit apprehensive at first hearing about the sig model, as it was announced just after I bought mine. But now I'm really interested in how they'll meet AJ's quality standards, how they recreate that finish, and if the sig boosts the prices of the orginals. All interesting stuff to come from Gibson and AJ. Much more interesting than the Slash sigs these days, which ended up getting ridiculous!
Well... let’s see it! :)

snakepit87

Reaction score
Wow! I bet it absolutely reeks of smoke!
It’s so cool to see how different these finishes become depending on the owners lifestyle.
It actually doesn’t smell of smoke, but I could imagine that’s why it’s the colour it is. I think if you’re a fan of AJ and Tool then you’re more likely to love the ageing of these original SB’s. The previous owner did change the pots to 500k’s and the tone control is really cool. I pretty much run out of one channel on the amp and roll back for cleans.

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
I've been checking Reverb lately for the original silverburst and just came across this one: pristine condition but is it just me or are the fretboard inlays all over the place? I haven't noticed that ever before on a Gibson

And this one has sold in less than a day, real beauty. But there's one thing I noticed: the split diamond looks 'wider' than other customs from that period. More like a '85 custom. Anyone else find this weird?

Daniel.S

Reaction score
I've been checking Reverb lately for the original silverburst and just came across this one: pristine condition but is it just me or are the fretboard inlays all over the place? I haven't noticed that ever before on a Gibson

And this one has sold in less than a day, real beauty. But there's one thing I noticed: the split diamond looks 'wider' than other customs from that period. More like a '85 custom. Anyone else find this weird?
They look fine to me!
The only problem is that... they’re sold! :D

ARandall

Reaction score
I've been looking closely at this period of production.......and it seems like there may well have been a change in supplier of the fibreboard headstock veneer
Notice that the logo is a bit different too - specifically the o and the n are joined at different spots......one is high, and the other low.

Reflect_ion

Reaction score
I've been looking closely at this period of production.......and it seems like there may well have been a change in supplier of the fibreboard headstock veneer
Notice that the logo is a bit different too - specifically the o and the n are joined at different spots......one is high, and the other low.
Thanks for the reply! So they would have had more than one supplier for the headstock veneer and thus more than one shape of it in the early 80's? I would have thought Gibson made it's own headstock veneer....

Latest Threads