Silverburst Custom - Adam Jones Signature

Should Adam Jones get his own signature Les Paul?

• Yes

Votes: 159 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 39 13.9%
  • Never heard the guy

Votes: 82 29.3%

• Total voters

Tim Plains

Reaction score
In your opinion, do you think Adam Jones deserves his own signature Les Paul? If you're going to vote, please also post a response and not just click yes or now. I'd like to hear why he should or shouldn't.

Personally, I think he should. Tool has five albums (great albums, in my opinion), they've been around for around 20 years and Jones has been playing a Silverburst Custom for who knows how long. He isn't exactly a poster boy like Slash is but he he is an identified Les Paul player.

Besides, if Kiefer Sutherland can get a signature model, anybody can. :thumb:

opalburn

Reaction score
yes, i think he totally should.... i love tool... lol, not in that way you perverts.... but they totally have created their own sound and style, he definitely deserves one, and i want to buy it...

decoy205

Reaction score
I would say yes because he's been using LPs for his whole career and he uses a specific one that only became popular again because of him. Tool has certainly sold enough records to justify.

Dave Grohl and Billy Joe from Green Day havce sigs and they were fender guys for many years as far as I can tell. But Gibson probably won't do it because Adam Jones is not as in the limelight as the other guys. Something I dig about tool. They are not about marketing. Its just music.

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
I don't think he should, not because he isn't a poster boy and not because he isn't a flashy player. I picked no simply because I don't think he would ever want a signature model and there is nothing really special as far as I know about his Les Paul that would make it worthy of being a signature. That said TOOL is one of the coolest most creative bands around!

decoy205

Reaction score
I don't think he should, not because he isn't a poster boy and not because he isn't a flashy player. I picked no simply because I don't think he would ever want a signature model and there is nothing really special as far as I know about his Les Paul that would make it worthy of being a signature. That said TOOL is one of the coolest most creative bands around!
I dunno those old silverbursts were very cool. Plus if he used it to make some of the most creative music why not?? You're probably right that he would not do the endorsement. But who knows.

GuitarGod319

Reaction score
I would say yes because he's been using LPs for his whole career and he uses a specific one that only became popular again because of him. Tool has certainly sold enough records to justify.

Dave Grohl and Billy Joe from Green Day havce sigs and they were fender guys for many years as far as I can tell. But Gibson probably won't do it because Adam Jones is not as in the limelight as the other guys. Something I dig about tool. They are not about marketing. Its just music.
David Eric Grohl used Customs,Explorers,firechickens,335s,and other gibsons. Ive never seen him w/o a gibby.

The_Sentry

Reaction score
He's one of the most influential guitar players of the 1990's. Why the hell shouldn't he?

LongBeach

Reaction score
I agree that if anyone should, AJ should. Like noted, he doesnt switch back and forth,
he plays the Sliverburst, always. (as far as I know anyway)

But, I also agree that he would probably turn the offer down.
Tool has never seemed to be the type of band that wanted any
"extra" media attention.

Reaction score
Does he deserve one? Imo yes. He's earned it.

Would i want them to make one? No. I greatly dislike signature guitars (the dg335 was a nice guitar though... but that was a unique body shape and everything). I would never buy a guitar with someone else's name on it...

Do I think Jones would want one? Definitely not. That's one of the reasons i admire him.

It would be a sweet guitar but it would take away the arcane feeling his guitars give off.

I would strongly bet it will never happen.

If you want one, buy a silverburst, aesthetically alter it and then bug Jones to no end to get it pickup and tone secrets... ;)

D4ngerboy

Reaction score
tool is for tools!!!!
QQ

nahh im kidding with ya, but i dont listen 2 'em

Reaction score
Id give him one before slash thats for sure! the dudes a badass guitar player ,enough said.

liamlw

Reaction score
Regardless there is no way he would do it. He has commented that he dislikes Gibson's new guitar quality. He thinks new gibsons are shit. He also covers the Gibson label with some weird object. It's just a stock gibby anyway apart from he probably changed to bigger frets, and has changed his pups and i guess uses heavier gauge strings

solacematt

Reaction score
David Eric Grohl used Customs,Explorers,firechickens,335s,and other gibsons. Ive never seen him w/o a gibby.
Actually, on the Foo Fighters tour in support of their first record, Grohl only used a White Les Paul Custom and an RD Artist. Second record he added the SG's...actually, it was the SG Les Paul Custom with three humbuckers in it. Eventually, he retired the RD. His main studio guitar was a Trini Lopez, which is what they based his signature model off of. He only used a Tele during the There Is Nothing Left To Lose Tour.
Anyways, as for Adam Jones, now probably wouldn't be the best time for them to give him his own model, only because now people are finally sick of them and they're out of the spotlight for another few years until they release another record. Now if they released one back when Lateralus came out, than that would have been the right time.

420scooter

Reaction score
I agree that if anyone should, AJ should. Like noted, he doesnt switch back and forth,
he plays the Sliverburst, always. (as far as I know anyway)

But, I also agree that he would probably turn the offer down.
Tool has never seemed to be the type of band that wanted any
"extra" media attention.
He does have one other guitar that I know of(for on stage use, obviously). If and when they play the song "Prison Sex" and maybe one other song which escapes me at the moment, he uses a sunburst LP of some sort, possibly tobacco, or honey. He has that guitar in the dropped B tuning as opposed to dropped D like most of their songs.

skipdog

Reaction score
Definatey YES. This guy has a sound all his own, he even records sounds through tin cans and stuff with the strings flapping....his is basically a genius. No flashy artsy solos, just straight harmony, this guy is so under rated its a shame. As far as only silverburst....he does have a natural maple custom that he recorded and plays prison sex and parabola on....tuned super low to drop B. He also won a grammy for the art design on the packaging of 10,000 Days and he has done special effects work on movies like predator and independence day. He does all the claymation directing on their weird ass videos. He should get a sig model on his intelligence alone....he has more knowledge in his ball bag than any of the other sig guys combined.....wicked smart.

Latest Threads