Silver Sparkle Les Paul (first post & saying hello)

RockStarNick

Reaction score
Hey guys. First thread started here by me. Just wanted to take the opportunity to say hello. Great forum you got here.

Figured it would also be a great opportunity to show off my 1993 LP Studio. It started it's life as a regular ol' black one with ebony board. Last year, I sent it off to Marty Bell in California to have it refinished. He taped off the edge of the body before he shot the sparkles, then removed the tape and shot with clear, giving it this awesome faux-binding effect.

This was my first electric guitar. Bought it for $400 in 8th grade, after saving up money from mowing lawns. This has always been a great playing guitar, but the looks bored me to death - until now. I'm just glad that I never sold it.

Anyway, enjoy the pics. I look forward to hanging out here! :)

Here's the guitar right before Marty shipped it back to me.

For anyone ever interested in a refin, he does AMAZING work. Just superb skills.

hbar

Reaction score
Gorgeous. My two biggest complaints with sparkle paint jobs are the flake is always too big (for my tastes), and they ALWAYS put it on a rosewood necked guitar. Silver sparkle + ebony looks roughly 3.6floppityjillion times better. Give or take.

RockStarNick

Reaction score
Gorgeous. My two biggest complaints with sparkle paint jobs are the flake is always too big (for my tastes), and they ALWAYS put it on a rosewood necked guitar. Silver sparkle + ebony looks roughly 3.6floppityjillion times better. Give or take.
Agreed.

I always dig rosewood and nickel, but this guitar just looks right with chrome and ebony and the sparkle.

I've since replaced the chrome-top knobs with more traditional black bell knobs. In my opinion, it looks better, and doesn't distract from the sparkles as much.

Ed Man

Reaction score
That's a great job. Normally I don't really care for that kind of flash, but that's particularly well done. Welcome!!

illiniknick

Reaction score
My girlfriend just told me to try to buy your guitar haha.

That ebony board looks sick btw.

RockStarNick

Reaction score
My girlfriend just told me to try to buy your guitar haha.

That ebony board looks sick btw.
Haha! Not for sale, but the good part is there's probably a billion Black LP studios floating around out there. Grab one cheap, and bedazzle it like me!

The mid 90's ebony board LP Studios are just GREAT guitars.

ehamady6

Reaction score
Is the hardware gold. If it is I'd change it to chrome or black.

budd

Reaction score
floppityjillion
My word of the day! :thumb:

And to the OP.. that looks amazing! I'm not a fan of the Gibson sparkle finishes normally but I love the look of yours.

RobP

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to MLP!:applause:

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
That's sweet, my Epi is gold sparkle, I think that's the sparkliest sparkle I've ever seen :D

GuitarToneFreak

Reaction score
Dammit! I REALLY want to do that to a guitar, but I have no money! :laugh2:

Seriously looks amazing, and welcome to the forum! :dude:

Crusader Rabbit

Reaction score
Now THAT will get peoples attention. :shock:

The sparkle is pretty much perfect (Not my thing, but I can sure appreciate a job well done)

I dub your Axe "The Bedazzler" :cool:

Welcome to the Forum!

Latest Threads