Silicon, Silicon/Germanium Hybrid, and Germanium Fuzzes

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought one of these. I love it.
It is the quietest fuzz I own and the pre gain gets me Jeff Beck TRUTH.
Glad to hear it!

I tried very hard to address the noise issue the best I could.

Post up some clips. I’d love to hear you playing it through your setup.

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am down to a pair of fuzz pedals now, both Tonebenders - a D*A*M Mk-II and a Black Strap MK-I. The former is smooth and intoxicating (and cleans up well with the volume knob on the guitar) and the latter is spitty and nasty sounding (and doesn't, just gets slightly less loud). Both are incredible. I seriously think these two pedals into a kick-ass clean platform (I use a '64 handwired Deluxe Reverb Reissue) will smoke just about any multi-channel amp.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am down to a pair of fuzz pedals now, both Tonebenders - a D*A*M Mk-II and a Black Strap MK-I. The former is smooth and intoxicating (and cleans up well with the volume knob on the guitar) and the latter is spitty and nasty sounding (and doesn't, just gets slightly less loud). Both are incredible. I seriously think these two pedals into a kick-ass clean platform (I use a '64 handwired Deluxe Reverb Reissue) will smoke just about any multi-channel amp.
Well, if you ever want another MK II or a killer Rangemaster, hit me up!

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to take a second and thank @ezra1 for reaching out to me and for allowing me to take on my first Commission build.

He was very patient and gave me the right amount of info I needed to get the job done.

This was not something I had done before and I really wanted to have it translate into not only a solid pedal but also to nail the tones he was looking for.

It was a good experience and I’m very glad he is enjoying the pedal.

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got 2 enclosures I need to that need to be filled with circuits:

4CAED94C-B404-44B0-ABDD-AF86735973FB.jpeg

I can do a number of things based around the Rangemaster and Fuzz Face circuits:

$150 + $7.99 USPS Flat Rate (w/ PayPal) - Germanium Fuzz Face in either enclosure
$140 + $7.99 USPS Flat Rate (w/ PayPal) - Hybrid Germanium/Silicon Fuzz Face in either enclosure
$130 + $7.99 USPS Flat Rate (w/ PayPal) - Silicon Fuzz Face in either enclosure
$120 + $7.99 USPS Flat Rate (w/ PayPal) - Germanium Rangemaster in either enclosure
$110 + $7.99 USPS Flat Rate (w/ PayPal) - Silicon Rangemaster in either enclosure

Silicon Fuzz Face units will have the choice NOS Amperex A115 and/or A104. Hybrid Fuzz Faces will be NOS Amperex A115 and General Electric 2N169. Germanium Fuzz Faces will be General Electric 2N169.

Silicon Rangemaster will be NOS Amperex A115. Germanium nits will be the GE 2N169 or UK NOS OC75. I only have one OC75 transistor available.

Shielded wire used throughout. They will be very quiet units.

EDIT: Note that those prices assume I’ll paint the raw enclosure. If that’s not important to you and you want the raw enclosure, knock $10 off any of those configurations and I’ll simply clear coat it.

Also note I’ll work with you to customize these how you want from a circuit repo Δ standpoint. That includes breadboard testing, videos of progress, etc.

Last edited:

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update: I'm waiting for Small Bear to stock up on their Bare Box #1 Enclosure:

All the prices above will be valid with the Bare Box #1 as well except I can I'd prefer to keep it raw and clear coated so knock $10 off any of the above configurations if you want the Bare Box #1. Shipping would have to bump up to $9.99 for the Bare Box due to it's size.

Also, I am parting with all of my OC75 transistors matched as a Tonebender sets. I have 2 matched sets available.

Also, the Bare Box #1 allows me to use a 60mm x 60mm perfboard so can offer 1 2N169 Tonebender or Supafuzz as well. So, i'll add the following configuration ONLY for the Bre Box #1:

$200 + $9.99 USPS Flat Rate (w/ PayPal) - OC75 Tonebender MK II or Supafuzz in the Bare Box #1
$175 + $9.99 USPS Flat Rate (w/ PayPal) - 2N169 Tonebender MK II or Supafuzz in the Bare Box #1

Last edited:

EpiLP1985

They call me Derek.
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Slight change of plans here.

I’m putting the finishing touches on some PCB designs of my own for the MK II circuits and the Fuzz Face.

I’ll have 5 of each in the total order and something like 7-8 boards available to go in enclosures. The plan is to use some of the higher quality prefinished and predrilled Pedal PCB enclosures from Tayda. Prices above will still be valid but the overall product will have a more finished look to it.

Tonebenders and Supafuzzes will be in the Copper Hammer finish and I’ll have 2 Silicon units and 2 OC75 equipped units available.

Fuzz Faces will be in Red for Germanium and Blue for silicon. I’ll have 2 of each available.

If interested, hit me up. I’ll ask for a small fee of $25 to initiate a parts order and no other payment, unless desired until the product is finished.

Latest Threads