Significant Tonal Improvement Changing Klusons for Grovers

Dolebludger

Reaction score
Yes, on stage, everything that secures strings to the body/neck really matters. If not, tell your drummer and bass man to turn down!

Mudbone01

Reaction score
could you have aligned those
new grovers better? They look crooked…

rfrizz

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh well, German born, lived in Australia couple of years. Actually have a problem with me eyes (right eye getting blind), so sometimes miss the righr key. Sorry.
I saw no problem with your post, and I am a grammar cop!

VergDan

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I clamped one of this things on my Ibanez that has a dead spot. It's wonky as it some times cures it and some times it just doesn't work, even when it literally stayed at the exact same place on the headstock.

Had to take it down eventually cause it threw off the weight balance of the guitar and I constantly felt a tug on the front of my shoulder when playing standing up.

crosstownblues

Wraptail Fan
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Improvement is a highly subjective term. “Significant change” might be a more appropriate description as not all change is good for everyone. I prefer the sound of the stock Kluson gears, having owned guitars with both. To each his own, eh?

smallstar67

Reaction score
not to mention just being a better machine head all around, stays in tune longer, which really is the end game.

Latest Threads