Sigma Les Paul

roffe

Reaction score
Any info about Sigma electrics? This is an old LP copy I've been setting up for a friend. It's got a set neck, one piece back and a plywood top with a pretty nice flame veneer. After setup and new strings it plays/feels really good but I haven't tested it with an amp yet.

Apart from the logo and the non-original knobs it's identical to the Tokai-made Gaban FG-650S in this 1973 catalog:
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/197302.jpg

Attachments

warmachine

Reaction score
Any info about Sigma electrics? This is an old LP copy I've been setting up for a friend. It's got a set neck, one piece back and a plywood top with a pretty nice flame veneer. After setup and new strings it plays/feels really good but I haven't tested it with an amp yet.

Apart from the logo and the non-original knobs it's identical to the Tokai-made Gaban FG-650S in this 1973 catalog:
http://www.tokairegistry.com/images/catalogs/197302.jpg
Looks like Maxon made pickups. Matsumoku built guitar possibly? Sigma has a relationship to Martin.

roffe

Reaction score
From what I've read the Sigma electrics were made by Tokai, and now I'm pretty sure it's the exact same model as the Tokai/Gaban, but with a Sigma logo... I think I'll make an offer on it.

roffe

Reaction score
Well, I ended up buying it :) From the serial number on the pickups it's a 1977 model. I've made a new nut, leveled the frets and replaced a volume pot and the switch. It's all adjusted and set up and I put an old Dimarzio PAF in the neck position. It's not the most accurate or high end LP copy, but it's REALLY nice playing now. The PAF sounds awesome in this guitar.

Attachments

PermissionToLand

Reaction score
Very cool! Love the burst, and the Rosewood for the FB looks really nice too.

Latest Threads