sigil pickups got a bunch of new stuff

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
You ever look at a winders website and think, *i swear I'm gonna buy something from them one day*. You even shoot afew emails to the winder you watch a video YouTube videos and it gets you even more excited? Then just when you about to pull the trigger on a set, life happens and you gotta wait till later? That always happens right?

Well ive been really interested in a sigil pickup set lately. Ive been struggling to figure what would work best for a es-175. Just yesterday i go back on the site and he's got like 6 NEW SETS. Way to go man you just made it even more difficult lol.

I cant remember them all but like a jimmy page set a duane allman set a paul kossoff set a bunch of stuff. But the details and what magnets they use on them is very vague. I don't know how long they've been up and i may be late as hell to the party, but does anybody have any experience with these sets? Or ordered any?

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
46E71EF3-BE10-4D30-B3A0-6B4D3D5FC82D.jpeg
Ole Dave is definitely one of the best out there....

Brewdude

Reaction score
Ugggh @bulletproof you're killing me, I didn't know you had a set lol I really wanted to pick up the '58s but didn't have the $ to spend at the time. Apples and oranges and all that, but how do they sound compared with the Hallowed Grounds?

Anyway, I'm definitely a pickup junky and am loving the golden age we seem to be in of great winders out there and have wanted to try some Sigil pickups for a while, in particular the Fillmore set as I love me some A2 pickups but haven't seen or heard any clips of them yet.

bulletproof

aka tarddoggy
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
:(
Ugggh @bulletproof you're killing me, I didn't know you had a set lol I really wanted to pick up the '58s but didn't have the $ to spend at the time. Apples and oranges and all that, but how do they sound compared with the Hallowed Grounds?

Anyway, I'm definitely a pickup junky and am loving the golden age we seem to be in of great winders out there and have wanted to try some Sigil pickups for a while, in particular the Fillmore set as I love me some A2 pickups but haven't seen or heard any clips of them yet.

I understand,brother! Every day I go and look at Dave’s,James and Bills pages planning my next purchase!!:laugh2:

I tell you what is killing me,man. When I got these, I had a particular R7 I was wanting. Well, I got the pickups,but,the guitar deal went south. These haven’t been installed yet:(

morbidalex666

Reaction score
... what would work best for a es-175... ...But the details and what magnets they use on them is very vague...
Sigil Roots 57, Holy Grail 58, Black Magic user here.
Magnets and details written on paper don't mean s##t. Just talk to the guy.
For a hollow body, I'd go for the 57 set.
The "inspired by" sets are, well, inspired by solid body tones. But, I have no experience with these last sets; just talk to the guy.
Dave from Sigil is a delight to talk tone and he will "get" what you go for.

ARandall

Reaction score
Magnets and details written on paper don't mean s##t. Just talk to the guy
^ +1

The vintage wire 57's that I got read really high on the K ratings, yet sound more open than a lot of sets that read approx 1k lower. They sound quite 'sweet' if thats the right word. A good mix of all frequencies without any one dominating.

bassmannlespaulman

Reaction score
I just got a alnico 3 set of p90s for my es-5 guitar and i don't wanna do another alnico 3 set honestly. I was gonna get the 57s until i got the es-5. I got like 5 es guitars *gonna get a epi Broadway/L5 copy in about 2 months* and i like to have a variety of magnets. I have no complete set of alnico 4s and no long alnico 2s in my es's. But i got got short 2s short 5s and a Dave Stephen v61 in my block 335 that he told me was alnico 4 in the neck and long 5 in the bridge if i remember correctly. The Tyson tone p90s is a alnico 3 in the neck and middle with the magnet flipped and a 4 in the bridge. So I'm looking for a complete alnico 4 set. Something real woody airy and bright. I'll probably sell the Gibson classic 57s that come with the 175.

ezra1

Reaction score
About 3 years ago he wound me a Custom set of humbuckers.
I was chasing Kossoff....he did a good job and if you got the chops and the right amp you are in the game.

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Appreciate all the kind words folks, it's always a pleasure dealing with my forum brothers over anyone else.

ezra1, I remembered that set and went digging in my notebook a while ago... it was 2014! They're FINALLY getting their due and have been added to the website with this latest rebuild.

ezra1

Reaction score
Appreciate all the kind words folks, it's always a pleasure dealing with my forum brothers over anyone else.

ezra1, I remembered that set and went digging in my notebook a while ago... it was 2014! They're FINALLY getting their due and have been added to the website with this latest rebuild.
Time flys when you're having fun !!
Cool that you offer them.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
All of the above I can say +1:thumb:

For me it was reading about and watching the youtube vids of the two old boys demoing that set @bulletproof has. I remember him buying them. :squint: (wishes I had the money....)

Dave is a disarmingly nice guy and a pleasure to work with. I know firsthand from working with him just recently on a Shaw project that he has graciously linked from his website. I am very pleased he is finally offering his own Shaw clones!
As others have said, just talk to him and tell him what you want. We went back and forth quite a bit, but Dave was always patient and he seemed to get what I was trying to say. This is important when you consider how bad words are at trying to convey tone!

But he did it anyway. I am convinced it is a mixture of luck, alchemy, and pixie dust, but he pulled it off for my project just perfect...
I cannot explain what he does, but he does it remarkably well. And reasonably priced too!:thumb:

Latest Threads