~ Sigil Pickups - 27.5% SALE ON NOW!

spectrale

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I have a 1980 Tokai LC (Custom copy) that will need a neck pickup and I'm leaning to the Shaw Revival. You entertained my earlier custom questions about matching the new neck HB to my Chicago 68. While I'm curious about a possible custom wind in the vein of the Kossoff out of phase with itself HB (and its apparent use of PE on slug coil and Heavy Formvar on screw coil), I might err on the safe side with your standard spec Shaw (red Poly). The Tokai has a rosewood fretboard instead of ebony so I think I could use the apparent brightness of the Shaw to accentuate high end. I don't like woofy/bassy neck pickups, so I'm really looking for an articulate neck HB.

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Well, the standard winds do have one advantage over custom jobbies; if you buy a pickup from me and it sucks in any way (ie: doesn't fit your needs, sounds bad in your setup, etc) then you have 30 days to return it in exchange for something else. Custom stuff is only returnable if it's DOA.

The Shaw pickups are on the brighter side, as are the Chicago so if you have a Chicago bridge, the neck would be the perfect match. Most my PAF style pickups play nice together though.

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
Only a couple more days to get your pickups at 27.5% off. Coupon Code is HomeSchooled

CheopisIV

Copper Slinger
MLP Vendor
Reaction score
The sale is done, thanks to all who participated! The latest orders will be done up and shipped out this week with tracking.

Anyone who missed it, you can still get a discount with the coupon code MLPMember which isn't quite 27.5% but my way of showing appreciation for the fine folks here that I've met along the way.

Latest Threads