Shows flecks of whats 'probably beer'

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Standard

Reaction score
Yeah, beer doesn't "fleck"

These vintage gear heads are out of hand...

Zungle

Reaction score
I always felt like vintage speakers = bullshit......complete waste of $$

So much of that vintage bullshit drives me crazy.....

With speakers its one thing find an older discontinued speaker, but most really old speakers are not stored correctly , so most are junk........easily matched sonically with a new speaker......

There are so many choices for speaker's now days you can pretty much sonically do what you want.......

Why over pay for old ass shit....??

Last edited:

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would kinda agree with zungle, till i tried a 73 pulsonic coned green back, it was like 'the tone' nothing else needed 'cept marshall amp and guitar, i have a pulsonic coned driver, they do have the sound, they are mostly junk now for sure, the odd good one is approaching a grand. I have a torn cone one i paid £70 for, just waiting on some cone glue to fix it with.

Last edited:

Lungo

Reaction score
Is that speaker worth what they’re asking just because it’s old? I don’t know. Maybe it’s worth it to someone trying to restore an old amp back to original? If you go that far then what about tubes? Do you look for 50 year old tubes to go along with your old speaker? Then how much do you play the amp without worrying about wearing out the old parts you just spent way too much on?

I don’t mean to sound critical of anyone that enjoys vintage guitar gear. It just doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t get it.

Brek

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
with this particular speaker its the cone, the mythical pul of sonic, whose formula is lost to the mists of time. Its a hiding to nothing i agree, in that they spent most their life sitting under a 100w marshall head, there not be much left in them.

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Is that speaker worth what they’re asking just because it’s old? I don’t know. Maybe it’s worth it to someone trying to restore an old amp back to original? If you go that far then what about tubes? Do you look for 50 year old tubes to go along with your old speaker? Then how much do you play the amp without worrying about wearing out the old parts you just spent way too much on?

I don’t mean to sound critical of anyone that enjoys vintage guitar gear. It just doesn’t make sense to me and I don’t get it.
I saved some basement dust from the 50's in an old house I renovated, in case someone is interested.
It's lightly mildewed and smells of old Buddy Holly tunes!
At least when I sat there thinking of my '57RI Strat it did.

Few ounces in a period correct jar.
Best offer gets it.
Hurry!

electric head

Just passing thru
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saved some basement dust from the 50's in an old house I renovated, in case someone is interested.
It's lightly mildewed and smells of old Buddy Holly tunes!
At least when I sat there thinking of my '57RI Strat it did.

Few ounces in a period correct jar.
Best offer gets it.
Hurry!

I will trade you my drawing I call "Dark as night" for your basement dust as long as you throw in some cash

download.png

Latest Threads