Show Your Telecasters!!!

integra evan

Reaction score
Nice! Where'd you get that body?
Thanks! Its a Holy Grail Guitar Co. Body. He has an ebay store. Mahogany body with a thick quilt maple top.

This is what it looked like when I got it:

20210105_214135-3024x3161.jpg

I used transtint dyes to color it, sealed in shellac, then finished with brush on polycrylic. Finish sanded it for a VOS type of sheen.

Tdurden032

Reaction score
08EE487D-8793-4196-AB7C-D07B7F0A0F77.jpeg

did someone say partscaster earlier? Countour body, great pickups, Nashville layout - lots of quack when I need strat sounds - precious owner stuck a fender sticker on the headstock (boo), but it’s a fun player and sounds great

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
This was built as an Esquire, using a MIM 'fat 51 U' neck. I added an Eric Clapton mid boost PCB and resprayed the neck in tinted nitro last summer.

Esquire & Plexi 1.jpg

As of this weekend, it's now a Telecaster (or perhaps a 'double Esquire' since the headstock says 'Esquire'). I played it back to back with my MIM Tele and found that the bridge pickup sounded pretty similar on both. My partscaster has more options due to the tapped bridge pickup (6k or 9k) and the mid boost and I prefer the fatter neck. I decided to fit a neck pickup to it, then I can sell the standard MIM White Blonde Telecaster, pictured below with the Esquire:
Esquire & Tele.jpg

This is my partscaster Tele as of this evening. Looks pretty standard, but the pull tone knob taps the bridge pickup and the tone knob works the mid boost setting. Playing with volume and mid boost gives enough range that I don't miss a regular tone control:

Tele 5 edit.jpg

Latest Threads