Show your Partscasters.

djrussell

Reaction score
This kind of counts... its a build I finished off recently... my Maiden TV Rocket.

I've also got a Aria STG-003 in the same colour which im stripping and rebuilding at the moment. Putting in some Tex Mex pickups. It's a beautifully made (and CHEAP) guitar, just all the hardware sucks. Will see how it goes.

diceman

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
This is a parts MusicMaster/Duo Sonic. All mid 60s with exception of the switch, pot, tuners, strap button and bridge pickup. Amateur refinish by me. This guitar is amazing. Very resonant, very light weight, sounds great.

Bigneil

Reaction score
Cool geet's guys . Here is my one. One of the things that annoy me about strat's is the volume control position, and lack of tone control on the bridge pickup.

So What

Reaction score

My version of a '69 Tele.

I took a Hwy 1 body, wet sanded and buffed it to a more glossy finish.

I added a neck from the AVRI '69 Thinline, and bridge and electronics form an AVRI '62 reissue.

I didn't like the way the threaded saddles would not allow for proper string spacing, so I swapped them for generic grooved steel saddles.

Sounds great, and most uneducated guitar enthusiasts think it is a vintage guitar.

Sorry there's no Head shot.

Mat_P

Reaction score
This used to be a Roscoe (made at Amptown/Hamburg from ESP wood parts and hardware as per customer order) EVH Strat with red stripes, Rockinger Trem and a single DiMazio distortion in the brige position.
Saw many changes since I originally purchased it in 1987.
The aging is original btw, no fake. :fingersx:

Bigneil

Reaction score
Love it.

The metallic blue, the control lay out, the naturally aged look suits it. For me this one is the winner.

fleahead

Reaction score
This one has (believe it or not) a Squire neck. From like the next to cheapest one they offer. Some kid came to a friend, he wanted another neck put on, didn't see any value in it and traded even for the labor. Not the vintage radius, a little flatter which I have never been a huge fan of,,,but christ, the flame is so amazing and moves like a mofo (not fotoflame, btw). I nitro'd it with some amber (shows up a little more than in person).

Tesla VR-1 neck and middle, DiMarzio Air Vintage @ the bridge.

If it was an old Chevy, this baby would have big chrome bumpers!

So What

Reaction score
90's AVRI '57 body with slight wear and a few checks.

I put a '57 Hot Rod neck on it, bought all new hardware, and lightly aged it by shaking the parts in a box with pea gravel, then giving it the the acid treatment.

I also had Mr. Kirn from the Tele forum make me a custom serial numbered neck plate.

Std. 57/62 pups and modern wiring.

Epi rocks

Reaction score
My last partscaster and I just didn't get along. I just couldn't bond with it no matter what I tried. The neck was very fast, not as slim as most strats but, with the binding, totally smooth. The trem just wouldn't co-operate at all. The pickups were a Belcat ROH HB and 2 used Squier single coils.
I wired the HB with the second tone control and that gave me more control over my tones.

I sold it eventually.

Although we didn't bond, building it helped me to build a better partscaster for my daughters 18th birthday. :thumb:
Hers played and sounded much better, and everything worked a treat.:dude:

Cheers

KP

Reaction score
Natural finish 2 piece swamp ash body, flamed 1 piece maple neck with abalone dots, vintage tuners, Fender Vintage Tele pups.

Caramel amber finish 2 piece alder body, highly figured 1 piece maple neck, vintage tuners, CS '51 Nocaster pups.

Chestnut? finish 1 piece swamp ash body, birdseye rosewood/maple neck with abalone dots, vintage tuners, CS '54 pups.

AleisterCrowley

Reaction score

MIM Standard body, baja neck, am std neck pickup, duncan broadcaster bridge pickup, 50's wiring, 4 way switch.

No reason to buy a Fender off the wall, put one together yourself!

Latest Threads