Show your Nighthawks

zontar

Reaction score
Nice, keep them coming.

I wish I'd been able to afford one when they were being made.

djwilbanks

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I played one of the new ones last week, didn't plug it in, but it played really well. The neck felt a little wide to me, but I may have been imagining it.

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
Looks like you'll get another chance at it. ;)

Gibson Limited Run Nighthawk Returns after 10 year hiatus.

Thanks for the link to my review! It was purely by chance that I got mine yesterday. I was so ready to pull the trigger on a '59 Reissue, then the sales guy - whom I trust - pulled the Nighthawk down. The reissue will just have to wait for now. The Nighthawk is a spectacular guitar, and the P90/BB3 pickup combo is oh-so-sweet! :)

circusboy28

Reaction score
I've had mine for a few months now, since before Christmas - see the photos above. The neck on mine is quite chubby, not really 60's thin. Outstanding guitar though, great feel and tone. I've got number 72, what did you get GoofyD?

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
I've had mine for a few months now, since before Christmas - see the photos above. The neck on mine is quite chubby, not really 60's thin. Outstanding guitar though, great feel and tone. I've got number 72, what did you get GoofyD?
Not sure how to read the serial number: 021790301. Maybe #301? But there's also a 29 written in silver paint on the back of the headstock. So maybe #29? Dunno.

BMS

Reaction score
I like these new versions. I'd only get one if I could trade my old one for it.

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
Yours is number 29 of 350 then.
Wow! Thanks for the info! Funny thing, the guys at the store said they got it a few months ago, right when they came out, but until I came along, no one really took an interest. I guess the body shape may not appeal to people. Oh well, as I always say... more for me, then. :)

JonMan94

Reaction score
they look the hardware from a BFG and put it in a nighthawk in the reissue

GoofyDawg

Reaction score
Nice! I dig that finish!

Btw, after a couple of weeks of bonding with the new one, I can't get over how "acoustic" the cleans sound with this guitar! Here's a clip I did for my latest article on the Boss CE-5 chorus (yeah... that's my chorus for now... I'm looking at getting a CE-2). That middle selector position rules!

http://guitargear.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/ce-5.mp3

Hello,

i can't resist to show you my 1996 special 3 Nighthawk :

Latest Threads