Show Us Your Lefty Lesters!

USAPatriot

Reaction score
We rarely get to see the lefties and Gibson doesn't make a ton of them, making them rather special in their own right. Please show us! -Rod-

gtimach1

Reaction score

My current 4. Alpine White Custom, Wine Red Traditional, Heritage Cherry Sunburst Traditional, and Pelham Blue Studio.

The white Custom is my oldest (late 90s). The other 3 are all 2012s. That's the year Gibson really stepped up their lefty offerings.

New aged white shell pickguard on the Wine Red Traditional.

Cream shell pickguard for my Pelham Blue Studio.

Axelorox

Reaction score
This thread makes me happy.

1233508_574992082567790_485950297_n.jpg

Smooth

Reaction score

My current 4. Alpine White Custom, Wine Red Traditional, Heritage Cherry Sunburst Traditional, and Pelham Blue Studio.

The white Custom is my oldest (late 90s). The other 3 are all 2012s. That's the year Gibson really stepped up their lefty offerings.

New aged white shell pickguard on the Wine Red Traditional.

Cream shell pickguard for my Pelham Blue Studio.

Wow! What a line up! All of them are absolutely beautiful...especially pictured together!

Cheers!

Raidersfan

Reaction score

That's a damn nice collection!

chilton

Reaction score
I'm glad this isn't a photography contest.
From the top - 2013 50s Tribute, 1994 Custom, 2012 Trad, 2005 Classic.

Attachments

• LPs_zpsef4c6930.jpg
    LPs_zpsef4c6930.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 44

USAPatriot

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I've never seen 4 lefties at one time in my life. Great stuff! -Rod-

joachimlefty

Reaction score
i just noticed that i don't have any decent pics of my guitars, i guess i play them more instead of taking pictures of them. i should try to make better pics, any suggestions how to make good looking pics with a budget camera ?
i have found these pics :

on the left a 1989 std middle is a 1991 custom and a 2000 sg

the 1989 naked.
it came with bill lawrence 'the original' gibson humbuckers which i sold long ago. the knobs and pointers are not original.

it seems to me gibson is making more lefties since the last three or four years now, did sales on righthanded guitars drop that much that they decided to make more lefties ?
if you look on the german thomann site you'll see so many lefties you could only dream of ten years ago.

Dino Velvet

Reaction score

Here's some of mine. If you want to see a bunch go to the lefty frets.net forum. There's a show us your electrics thread .

USAPatriot

Reaction score

Here's some of mine. If you want to see a bunch go to the lefty frets.net forum. There's a show us your electrics thread .

Niiiice! Some of them???

As were all of those posted! I love the heritage cherry in the second post. Nice grain on it. But YOU have one hellofa collection! More Gibsons there than I've owned in total -Rod-

John Vasco

I'm with the band
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Posted before, but here's pics of the lefty Lesters I've owned, and my present crop.

1. 1969 LP Custom, serial number: 893626

2. Early '70s 3-pup goldtop:

3. 1980 LP CUstom

And my present crop, in the order I acquired them.

4. 1991 LP Custom

5. 1976 LP Deluxe

6. 2009 '08 Standard

7. 2009 '57 VOS LP Junior

And a view of the present herd together:

paulgibson

Reaction score
I can't look at a lefty guitar. They just look so weird. When I first started playing guitar it took me five years to transition from left to right-handed playing. I did it because I was told I could never make the switch. Today ill play any neck size and I wont whine about them being too thick, too thin, blah blah blah

Posted from Mylespaul.com App for Android

Lefty Adams

Reaction score
I can't look at a lefty guitar. They just look so weird. When I first started playing guitar it took me five years to transition from left to right-handed playing. I did it because I was told I could never make the switch. Today ill play any neck size and I wont whine about them being too thick, too thin, blah blah blah

Posted from Mylespaul.com App for Android
y - a - w - n ............

gtimach1

Reaction score
Lefty guitar. Righty guitar. They both look fine to me. Like no righty has ever caught themselves looking in a mirror and admiring....their mirror created "lefty" guitar.

Lefty Adams

Reaction score
Just seems like every single time there is a NGD lefty thread or one like this, some idiot has to say something about how 'weird' the left handers look. Does it every occur to them that the right handed models look 'weird' to us southpaws, just gets to be a drag, everytime, you know? We have a tough enough time with some of the manufacturers treating us like freaks, without $hit like this ....

Latest Threads