Show Off Your Les Paul!

cain gessick

Reaction score
Fitting case !
indeed. unfortunately they only LOOK good together - the angle of the neck won’t allow the case to close without putting a good amount of pressure on it, so i’ve looked into a couple of other options. this thing is 43 1/4 inches (44 with the strap-lock).

rbraad68

Reaction score
I think my slash guitar is going to look good with the APH2's zibra pups. I was going to install them this weekend but i have one Zibra bridge and one Black neck set of APH2's due to the place sending me the wrong color neck pup INSTEAD of the zibra one i ordered!! I thought about installing them anyways but my OCD isn't going to allow that!! So now i wait to get a zibra neck pup delievered.. anyone need a APH2n removed the cover but everything is still in mint condition :=)
242915035_194455779378023_6980158886818833575_n.jpg

rbraad68

Reaction score
Well I put the APH2s in the slash and they sounded like shit just like the slash pro buckers did. Seems the SD JB and 59 do alot better in the slash so I just ordered a new set of SD's JB and 59 in zibra and reverse zibra for the slash. The slash looked awesome with the Zibras in it so I had to order the JB n 59 zibras. I wound up putting the APH2s in my 50's standard which for some reason sounds amazing.. Anyways just a reminder that what doesn't sound good in one guitar may sound great in another.. Here is a pic of the 50's with the APH2's and a picture of what the Slash looked like with the APH2s before i pulled them out....

Attachments

• done 01.jpg
    done 01.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 16
  • slash zibra 04.jpg
    slash zibra 04.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 16

rbraad68

Reaction score
This is my 50's Standard 2020 I bought 5-6 months back. I have taken a few parts off it i've put a few parts on the guitar!! I think i'm close to where i want the thing though. I have the stock tuners on the guitar with the E-Serts and a small hole tone pro bridge and Gotoh alum tail piece and Faber steel bushings. The org harness is still intact i haven't messed with that yet and prob won't.. I recently added a set of SD APH2's in Zibra to this guitar. Damm thing sounds great!!

Attachments

• 50's gold top 765.jpg
    50's gold top 765.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 15

Musha Ring

Reaction score
This is my 50's Standard 2020 I bought 5-6 months back. I have taken a few parts off it i've put a few parts on the guitar!! I think i'm close to where i want the thing though. I have the stock tuners on the guitar with the E-Serts and a small hole tone pro bridge and Gotoh alum tail piece and Faber steel bushings. The org harness is still intact i haven't messed with that yet and prob won't.. I recently added a set of SD APH2's in Zibra to this guitar. Damm thing sounds great!!

What did you think of the Probuckers? I find them surprisingly similar to the APH2, which I have in a Traditional at the moment, but with less output.

Of all the stock pickups I've had in various Les Pauls, Gibson and otherwise, the Probuckers are the first set I'm more than happy to leave in.

rbraad68

Reaction score
What did you think of the Probuckers? I find them surprisingly similar to the APH2, which I have in a Traditional at the moment, but with less output.

Of all the stock pickups I've had in various Les Pauls, Gibson and otherwise, the Probuckers are the first set I'm more than happy to leave in.

In my slash i did not like them they were way too warm and the neck pup was awefull. I put the slash pro buckers in my 50's gold top and they sounded really good i was a little confussed as to why they sound so bad in my slash??/ Same thing when I tried to put a set of APH2s in my slash and now why i have the APH2s in the 50's gold top. I just put the slash pro buckers in my custom that im redoing....

***Edit***

Yes you are right the slash pro buckers are simular to the APH2's . Having both sets in this gold top i can say that yes they are really close.. Having the Slash PB's in the gold top and them sounding so good is why I decided to use the APH2's I pulled out of the slash in the gold top. I think the slash PB's are the best sounding PBs as well...

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
Decided to grab a 50s Standard in HCSB. Hope it looks equally as good in person. I plan on swapping the pickups for a set of Slash Alnico II Pros.

View attachment 571399

Congrats man!! I love the top on that thing!! My 50's goldtop sounds amazing with the slash APH2's so you should be happy with your pickup choice....

pugachev

Reaction score
Got my new Epiphone in, sadly, my camera decided to not work. I'll have to get a few pics later, because the top looks really nice in person. Surprisingly, the guitar feels fantastic right out of the box. I don't think I need any setup on this baby at all.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Been working on my Custom since i never play the thing I decided to do some upgrades and see if that helps me playing more or not... Guitar really does play good and now with the Gibson slash pups it deff sounds good too. I am really liking the cream rings and the poker chip. I went with areal clean look by adding blk dome metal knobs and using some blk tone pro bridge pieces. I think it looks great but some of you prob wont agree with me on this... Also another buitar I have is a 59 outfit guitar that started life as an aged cherry burst. The person i got the guitar from stripped the finish off the top and went with gold.So i went with a relic look on this one.. I think it came out great....

done 05.jpg
custom face lift 01.jpg
face lift 01.jpg

*edit**
Just strung her up and getting her set up. I really like the way this guitar came out, The Gibson Slash pups really sound good!! The black hardware and metal dome knobs gives it a nice clean look. The cream plastics and Zibra pups really pop with the binding. I will prob leave this guitar alone I think it's finished :)

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
Just finished converting my 2016 back over to the nickel hardware. I replaced the PBs with a set of SD pups and swapped out the harness ... Guitar came out good and looks alot better than it did with all that gold hardware...
blue done 01.jpg

Attachments

• gold n blue standards 01.jpg
    gold n blue standards 01.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 1

Latest Threads