Show Off Your Les Paul(s)!

Niloy63

Reaction score
Very nice Firemist Custom (if i'm not wrong on the finish)
Thank you! Good guess... close. It's a Bengal Burst Axcess Custom.

your swirl is killing me, the other two are ok too ;)
haha. Much appreciated! It's surprising how much bigger the [50s rounded] neck is on the swirl than the Standard and the Custom.

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Latest addition...

2018 Classic Player in orange Sunrise burst

Redone by me including a polish, new pickups and plastics

As it came with satin finish and black plastics

Also an update on the Studio Deluxe IV

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice P90 Les Paul
Nice Blue One Too
Does the Switchplate with Bully Original ? Or Aftermarket ?
I had custom chips made for all of them by Philly Luthier for fun. They weren't expensive so why not?

The Burstbuckers in the Studio have a real wooly sound cranked so my corny imagination came up with the rest.

The Zhangbucker P90 in the neck is really warm and sweet sounding and the bridge is really fuzzy cranked.

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
Wow!!! Killer guitar! What kind of wiggle stick is that?
duesenberg les trem ii with a maestro arm. I didn't realize how smooth it was compared to bigsbys until a month or so ago and took the GC/SA bigsby guitars for a test drive and they felt so stiff, even the non tension bar ones.

Niloy63

Reaction score
duesenberg les trem ii with a maestro arm. I didn't realize how smooth it was compared to bigsbys until a month or so ago and took the GC/SA bigsby guitars for a test drive and they felt so stiff, even the non tension bar ones.
Nice! Thanks for the info. Since they are so smooth, do you ever have problems with the string pitch changing with heavy bending?

MSB

Banned
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks for the info. Since they are so smooth, do you ever have problems with the string pitch changing with heavy bending?
I had one of these several years ago and HATED the stock arm, so much so I got rid of it before I really gave it a chance. I ran across someone a couple years back who put a bigsby arm on it and was sold on trying it again. My fortune they were out of stock, so maestro arm it was, which I actually like the look of better but it angles up, whereas the bigsby arm is for the most part flat. With the maestro arm, you can get into it, whereas the Bigsby arm w/o bending, would probably be 60-70% of the movement. But for the most part no, I don't experience any issues. Its my 2 year old's favorite because of it, so he likes to make it go wiggle.

I much prefer the look of a bigsby, but after having this a bit, Bigsbys feel almost like they're stuck or too tight in comparison. Plus, you can't argue with the restringing method/time. I actually had this idea in my head for a SG with a Derek Trucks style cover, but that didn't pan out, so LP it was. I'm not disappointed.

I had a floyd years ago before I had any clue what I was doing, so I really can't comment on a comparison to one of those, but as far as "wiggles" are concerned, If you get a nut cut by someone other than Gibson and a decent bridge and you shouldn't have any issues you can't sort out fairly easily.

Niloy63

Reaction score
I had one of these several years ago and HATED the stock arm, so much so I got rid of it before I really gave it a chance. I ran across someone a couple years back who put a bigsby arm on it and was sold on trying it again. My fortune they were out of stock, so maestro arm it was, which I actually like the look of better but it angles up, whereas the bigsby arm is for the most part flat. With the maestro arm, you can get into it, whereas the Bigsby arm w/o bending, would probably be 60-70% of the movement. But for the most part no, I don't experience any issues. Its my 2 year old's favorite because of it, so he likes to make it go wiggle.

I much prefer the look of a bigsby, but after having this a bit, Bigsbys feel almost like they're stuck or too tight in comparison. Plus, you can't argue with the restringing method/time. I actually had this idea in my head for a SG with a Derek Trucks style cover, but that didn't pan out, so LP it was. I'm not disappointed.

I had a floyd years ago before I had any clue what I was doing, so I really can't comment on a comparison to one of those, but as far as "wiggles" are concerned, If you get a nut cut by someone other than Gibson and a decent bridge and you shouldn't have any issues you can't sort out fairly easily.

That is great to hear. Up next in the queue is either a P90s SG or a 335. Whenever the 335 is up to bat, I'm pretty set getting one with a trem or getting an aftermarket setup, so I'm glad to hear about your good results. It seems as though the "out of stock" misfortune played in your favor. And I might be able to benefit from you having that "misfortune." lol BTW, I can imagine that a toddler would love a wiggle stick. :laugh2:

I feel you on the whole 'looks' thing. But I can get over the way something looks if it functions well and lets me sound better. I have a '90 Ibanez RG570 with the original Edge tremolo on it... which is basically a Floyd. I absolutely suck at dive bombs, but that doesn't stop me from messing around every once in a while. And good God man... I make the damn thing sound like a dying cat. So it's not like I'd ever practically use a double locking system. And besides... could you imagine putting a Floyd on a 335? haha now that would be some funny sh*t.

Thanks for giving a detailed heads up... much appreciated!

Reactions: MSB

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Wow, somebody really pulled this thread out of the Archives. I have changed guitars and amps something like 10 fold since 2008. haha

frown

Reaction score

My 2013 50's Tribute P90s Goldtop. Only LP I have now.

Plain black truss cover locking grovers, removed poker chip and had it rewired so switch throw is pointing in the direction of the selected pickup, not up / down. Pots also reconfigured to be top for volume, tone on lower. Again these are in the orientation of the pups they are related to. Locking strap pins. And a gold Gibson case. Just because.

Latest Threads