Show me some goldtop LPCs please!

gibsonofabitch

Reaction score
Yeah, Sorry…that just does not look like a regular Gibson gold top finish.

Nothing wrong with it, but it does not look like a GT….neither did that “bullion” thing they did.

no need to be sorry, its gold bullion which is "close enough" ;) here it is compared to my 2020 gt standard

Last edited:

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dream guitar was a fort knox

i will never get over not buying one over a very small amount of money..

figured they would be for sale but all disappeared
Dammit!!

36E88EF9-80B9-4CC1-958C-A54F129A423F.jpeg
09CD970D-4626-49A0-9C0E-D6A3CF09AA9D.jpeg
F07D6BA0-1787-47B2-AA30-F9DD6A5AF19A.jpeg

kelsodeez

Reaction score
Customs being a fully mahogany top, would the gold look different on top of the darker wood than it does on top of a lighter maple cap?

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Customs being a fully mahogany top, would the gold look different on top of the darker wood than it does on top of a lighter maple cap?
not normally…I love theold goldtops that used a bit of copper in the paint…
tends to get a verdigris greenish tone as copper is want to do

this is the best example of how copper would “green” the goldtops…
within 15 years the shiny co from the refurb will be an exact match to the green original

Wish I couldve seen the Statue of Liberty for the first few years when it was as shiny as a new penny…

B695A7B5-A6F3-448E-B7A6-D3558DBFF5F3.jpeg

HardCore Troubadour

Reaction score
No sir, that there is a “Goldburst”…not the same animal…this was the gold version of the now infamous “Silverburst”…..Norlin made a few.

@Slashperryburst that thread is nice but those are all reissues, custom shop etc. etc.

My understanding is we were talking about regular LPC’s in a GT finish….I think the OP even mentioned looking for the Norlin era specifically…..the reason I say that is because I still do not think I have actually seen a factory GTLPC from that era.

Last edited:

Shelkonnery

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
No sir, that there is a “Goldburst”…not the same animal…this was the gold version of the now infamous “Silverburst”…..Norlin made a few.

@Slashperryburst that thread is nice but those are all reissues, custom shop etc. etc.

My understanding is we were talking about regular LPC’s in a GT finish….I think the OP even mentioned looking for the Norlin era specifically…..the reason I say that is because I still do not think I have actually seen a factory GTLPC from that era.
I see! Never even knew those existed.
Thanks for sharing knowledge, HCT!

It adds up now though, I did notice the darker shades looked too perfect to be regular wear.

Latest Threads