Show me on the Sneech where Dr. Seuss hurt you.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
Until further notice, teachers in the area will not be able to include on their curriculum Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird, Mark Twain's The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, John Steinbeck's Of Mice and Men, Theodore Taylor's The Cay and Mildred D. Taylor's Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry.

Soul Tramp

Speaker Snob
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Dr Seuss Enterprises isn't obligated to continue publishing anything. I hadn't seen or heard any cries from the wokescolds to cancel these books. The company decided on their own that some of Seuss' material hasn't aged well, and chose to no longer publish it. This doesn't seem like cancel culture to me. :dunno:

Pete, it's more insidious than that. Google "Dr Seuss cancel". Schools are purging the Seuss books around our country and around the globe. The publisher is reacting to pressure by special interest groups. This isn't about books that didn't age well. The books were aging fine until about a year ago when the cancel culture targeted them.

Last edited:

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I think I'm going to "FINK" to "softies" and TELL ALL!
"Listen, John Irving---SMUG--------------cancel him
Burroughs---well he liked the young----cancel him
Hemingway? Advocates SUICIDE......
This is really nice. MLP is talking literature---well, children's lit ....still --SO- I WANT LEGENDS BROUGHT TO THEEIR KNEES!
"Clive Cussler-------Oh my he eats snails....AND SELLS .................out?
I'm embracing THE HURT- all you guys say-HEY BUCKLE UP BABY----I did BUCKLE up--seeking pain finding MORE pain untillllllllll-----Wait if suffering leads to nobility why do I feel like DUCK CRAP?
Go out kids.....CRY RIVERS.................BAN BAN BAN.......then we continue to talk LIT on a guitar forum.....AND LIKE IT?

judson

Reaction score
Cancel culture is not always about direct threats and the response, it is also driven by company attorneys seeking to protect/prevent claims from "the woke"
As you said... announcing "look what we're doing to show that we're woke"

This would not be happening... at least not as publicly... had the last 5-10 years not been an incrementalist movement that became a landslide last year of outright legal and physical threats.
1000% correct....

thank you for that reminder

i need to keep that in mind.. :yesway:

Last edited:

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My "fashionably outraged" batteries ran out, are we on to the next thing yet?

MikeyTheCat

Reaction score

Latest Threads