Show me on the Sneech where Dr. Seuss hurt you.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
No worries- I got to enjoy those books in my childhood- I have no kids-feel bad? Write stories for your kids "your way." I've been censored and banned many times. BAN EVERYTHING-------I create my own visions inside my soul+head.

pnuggett

Reaction score
When will Orwell's 1984 be banned?

“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”
Winston introduces the theory behind the work he does at the Ministry of Truth. The Party understands that by rewriting the events of the past and controlling the narrative of history, they can maintain their position of authority.

KSG_Standard

Reaction score
We weren't real big on Dr. Seuss when I was a kid. I had some exposure to it and some of the other Geisel books, but they really weren't a big part of my childhood. As a consequence, I wasn't really informed about Mr. Geisel's history or his personal views on anything. However, since this story became public, I've read a little bit about him. Apparently he held views about Jewish people, Asian and Black people that are offensive today and should have been offensive then...views common to a lot of people in the early part of the 20th century.

I don't think we should be burning his books or canceling him or trying to erase him from history...but I don't think Geisel should be held up as any sort of standard for our kids either. I'd just let the market work it's magic by letting parents decide what's acceptable and what's not...for themselves.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
that's the insidious thing about all this 'cancel' bullshit.

it makes actual racists and such quiet and hidden.

Growing up you knew who was racist and who wasn't, because they ran their mouth about it. You're not canceling racism you're just making racists better at hiding it.

Last edited:

PeteK

Reaction score
Say what you will, but the Jim Carey Grinch is fucking nightmare fuel. I don't know how they thought that was a good character for a kids movie. The old cartoon is fine, but my god they made a creepy, evil looking live action version. :eek2:

Guy Named Sue

Reaction score
"In ("The Cat's Quizzer"), the Japanese character is referred to as 'a Japanese,' has a bright yellow face, and is standing on what appears to be Mt. Fuji," the authors wrote.

Tim Fezziwig

Reaction score
I can't wait to write agit-prop for THE POWERS- I'll "scrub" all day long- I just want a nice plot of land with goats+chickens+lambs++++++ENDLESS hash oil........I have a REAL future in NewSpeak...

"Then the Joflin went to gabbrell...then FEZZ went to the coglin.......

Soon, very soon.

Latest Threads