Show 'em

61LPSG

Reaction score
Vintage SG??? We actually have our own place? How cool is that?
The "other" LP forums treat us like lepers. Gibson called my "61 a "Les Paul" but it has since been "down-graded" to an SG.:lol:
When I bought her she had a cracked neck, played just fine. 3 "PAF's", all the original hardware (except for the Rotomatics)...sounds amazing. I paid what one PAF was selling for at the time (1972), and a month later a dealer offered me 10 times what I paid for it. I was looking for a '50's Goldtop with P90's when I found this SG. Played her and just had to have her.
Now she needs a new nut, E and B strings are dragging...but the sound is still there, even through my little Valve Jr.

Attachments

• headstock_sm.JPG
    headstock_sm.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 98
  • closeup_small.JPG
    closeup_small.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 108

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
On the left, 1961 SG Special. Badass Bridge, Dimarzio x2n in bridge pos., original P90 in neck. Serial # 30824
She ain't the prettiest belle at the ball but a true warhorse.

geochem1st-albums-pics-picture2706-61-sg-07-g0-lp.jpg

61LPSG

Reaction score
On the left, 1961 SG Special. Badass Bridge, Dimarzio x2n in bridge pos., original P90 in neck. Serial # 30824
She ain't the prettiest belle at the ball but a true warhorse.

geochem1st-albums-pics-picture2706-61-sg-07-g0-lp.jpg

Sweet... the LP is really nice too. I had a '68 or '69 SG Special in walnut finish... loved the P-90's.

b-squared

Banned
Reaction score
My '67 SG Special...bought it in '78 with lawn mowing money. Still plays great!

100_1628-1.jpg

100_1624-1.jpg

100_1621.jpg

BB

BCRGreg

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Soon to be restored.......

SGLesPaulSambefore.jpg

A former roadie of the Allman brothers left this to his cousin, a good buddy of mine. Two previous heel breaks, some John Cippolina style body inlays and a Bigsby where the sideways trem was........

I will be photographing the whole process, just as I did with the SG Special above...

Huey

Reaction score

SGLesPaulSambefore.jpg

A former roadie of the Allman brothers left this to his cousin, a good buddy of mine. Two previous heel breaks, some John Cippolina style body inlays and a Bigsby where the sideways trem was........

I will be photographing the whole process, just as I did with the SG Special above...

that's awesome man

61LPSG

Reaction score

SGLesPaulSambefore.jpg

That's sweet Greg, looks like a '64 from the pickguard/ knob spacing.
Since you're so busy why don't you just give it to me?

Hardrock Gunter

Reaction score
Alright, first post here in this wonderful forum :hippie:

This is my '64 Junior 'Judy':

1963&

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
1961 SG Special Upgrade: The old meets the new....
This is a big THANK YOU........ to BCRGreg and Jonesy!

BCRGreg supplied me with a 'Tone Pro II' bridge (positive contact to body, focused the whole sound) to replace my Badass bridge that has been on the guitar since ??? at least the early 70's. He also provided a Texas BBQ Rio Grande Humbucker (very nice) to replace the X2N that I put in sometime in the early 80's (MotorHead covers), Jonesy provided a new CTS Tone pot to replace the bridge tone pot that went bad, and a pair of Sprauge PIO caps.

See the second post in this thread for what it used to look like.

New life has been breathed into an aging relic. No longer shall it just hang on the wall in semiretirement. Nothing rocks like old wood....

geochem1st-albums-my-pics-picture10509-61sg-special-mine.jpg

Latest Threads