Should I return my new Gibson Custom?

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
... plectrum?
I mean functionally it is fine. Thickness is uniform.. but the printing on the points of the star... just not crisp y'know?

20200626_170208.jpg

And it seems like the logo is slightly off center. Like its a bit closer to the left edge...

*edit. Nevermind. I will just use a Jazz III.

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's more Gibson rubbish built by floor sweepers in their custom shop.

And you can see the finish is rubbing off where you put your thumb!

I think this should go 7 or 8 pages and give people the opportunity to really display how they feel about Gibson quality control!

This is the last straw!

I'm selling all my Gibson's and getting PRS made in Asia dammit!

guidothepimmp

Reaction score
To be fair.. whilst the plectrums were part of the case candy... I do not believe the case had any hand in this plectrums issue. The other 2 plectrums are fine..

Oranjeaap

Reaction score
I just came from that thread.

Shaking my head, and wondering, are people getting pickier by the day or is Gibson dropping the ball like never before?

Then seconds later I saw this thread title and I was like NO F*ING WAY, EVEN IN THE BACKSTAGE NOW??

Yep, got me good, funny stuff though

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
the handle of my 2 year old Gibson SG case...

20200626_114138.jpg

Gotta love that quality and attention to detail. :laugh2: It came apart while I was carrying the guitar. Not cool.

Funny enough out of all my cases the only one I have problems with are Gibson. :hmm:

I do love the SG though, great guitar. The Case,... not so great.

pillbug

Reaction score
That looks like more of that modern slim taper profile crap!

I'd send it back and ask for a historic thickness plectrum. With hide glue and nitro!!

And it better be made in Memphis.

Last edited:

Mike I

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

View attachment 471859

Gotta love that quality and attention to detail. :laugh2: It came apart while I was carrying the guitar. Not cool.

Funny enough out of all my cases the only one I have problems with are Gibson. :hmm:

A # 6 screw and a lock nut'll fix ya right up!

rogue3

Reaction score
... plectrum?
I mean functionally it is fine. Thickness is uniform.. but the printing on the points of the star... just not crisp y'know?

View attachment 471853

And it seems like the logo is slightly off center. Like its a bit closer to the left edge...

*edit. Nevermind. I will just use a Jazz III.
Just use it for a while.once you wear it down...worn off the lettering from the sweat of playing hard,you won't notice those imperfections.Hell,even the letterhead will be gone.I can say this with certainty...from the appearence of 30+ year old picks i still use today.Roadworn.

...Unless you are looking for a case queen...then by all means,return it with complaints and demand for refund!:hyper:...:rofl:

fry

Reaction score

View attachment 471859

The brown Gibson cases are made in China now, not sure when that started. No longer the nice ones from Canada.

Latest Threads