Should I be worried about this?

AndrewLP1081996

Reaction score
I noticed the long scratch on the back of my guitar today. As I looked closer I noticed it is pretty deep. Does it look like a crack to you guys? If it is what can I do to fix it?

Thanks Andrew

mux164

Reaction score
i wouldnt worry if it was on my guitar, if it opens up run some glue into it, i am guessing thats what others would say

AndrewLP1081996

Reaction score
Ok thanks mux I will probably glue it after I finish sanding. All depends on how much it opens up I guess

H.E.L.Shane

Reaction score
that's not at a glue line then??

don't wait until you've finished sanding...

wick that bastid full of water thin CA right now and then level it off as you sand

emoney

Reaction score
You'll be able to tell a lot better than we can with a picture. Run you finger down it and you can feel if it's a crack or not. I'm with Shane in that the first thing I thought was that it's a joint, glue line. Definitely take his advice and fill it now so that you can sand away any evidence before you get too far along, assuming it's a crack.

AndrewLP1081996

Reaction score
Ok guys thanks. It is a one piece body so I'm guessing its a crack. I will fill it with super glue and sawdust when I get home from school. I could feel the crack barely but I will glue it to be safe.

Latest Threads