SHNGD - R8 MTM Dirty Lemon

John Dewey

Reaction score
Our first gig, we rocked the place pretty good!! Jon is a really good player and great leader/entertainer, the bass player is excellent, the drummer is very good and the singer kicks ass. I am the anchor (not in a good way), but I'm working hard trying to improve and at least not bring everything down. We (I) had an absolute blast at the former gig, and a lot of people I now are coming back for seconds on Saturday. So much fun playing live, I wish I had discovered it much earlier in my life.

Thanks for compliments on guitar, I love it.
Right on General, good stuff! You're welcome man!

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know you've played a ton of different guitars - in your opinion would you change anything about this one? Just curious. I have no intention of changing anything other than strings, I really like the sound I'm getting. But maybe someday a pickup/wiring change could be in order. Always gotta tinker, you know?

Would be interested in hearing what you would do (if anything) if it was yours.

Thanks!!!
I need to spend time with them before deciding on what.... if anything. I played it for maybe 10 minutes, and didn't evaluate every point....that's usually done at home.

I swap a lot of pickups because I think I'm chasing the ultimate combination....(which doesn't really exist ...hint)

You really have to decide what it has..... too much of...... or what's it missing... from your tone pallet.

Start with the pots and see how they respond to your needs. Some players never use them....on 10 all the time....others use three positions 10, 5 and 1 or 2. I'm a three position user....when your live, you don't have time to be too selective. I also use it to swell a note ....

Evaluate when you need to clean up....does the volume control work like a fader or a switch? Does it muddy up when you turn down? (most do)

After you evaluate the pots, and your still missing something, look into pickups....but be careful here because that's a crap shoot too...

In the end your amp settings and musicianship are vital.. and remember dynamics are key to being "the Anchor" I played anchor for a long long time, in fact I prefer it...

The General

Reaction score
Thanks @Sct13 . Appreciate the info. Right now all is good, the only possible tone mod may be the pick guard.

I should note that by referring to myself as anchor, I mean I drag the rest of the band down. You were the anchor in a good way, me not so much. :D

John Dewey

Reaction score
Thanks @Sct13 . Appreciate the info. Right now all is good, the only possible tone mod may be the pick guard.

I should note that by referring to myself as anchor, I mean I drag the rest of the band down. You were the anchor in a good way, me not so much. :D
Don't be so hard on yourself. It takes guts to get up on stage. You have this man!

Sct13

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score

I get it, we were all there once.

It does take guts, and if your doing it and keep practicing you’ll be pro by the end of the year!

I decided to help some old band mates with playing bass .... im not a bass player!!! I felt like an anchor.... but I might have this down, its fun...

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score
Our first gig, we rocked the place pretty good!! Jon is a really good player and great leader/entertainer, the bass player is excellent, the drummer is very good and the singer kicks ass. I am the anchor (not in a good way), but I'm working hard trying to improve and at least not bring everything down. We (I) had an absolute blast at the former gig, and a lot of people I now are coming back for seconds on Saturday. So much fun playing live, I wish I had discovered it much earlier in my life.

Thanks for compliments on guitar, I love it.

Hey now Mr.....first off, thank you for the kudos, but let's not go too far with this. The band has been a great group project. No anchors on this boat, it's sailing just fine! You are workin' you ass off and sounding great! Saturday night will be a blast!!