Sheriff Joe Has A Price On His Head.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Most Hispanics voted for Bush and tend to vote Republican, Well the ones I know but since everyone is generalizing here what the hell right?

Most (legal) Hispanics are absolutely against amnesty for illegal aliens, since they had to do it the hard way.

Adding 20 million undocumented Democrats would essentially ensure a permanent (D) majority in many places.

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
Most Hispanics voted for Bush and tend to vote Republican, Well the ones I know but since everyone is generalizing here what the hell right?

Think you might want to check your facts there a bit....Hispanics are heavily registered on the dem side of the house....at least in Caliornia they are and we have the largest population of Hispanics.

Makeitstop

Reaction score
Oh, goodie. The '20 million democrats' line again...

Tell ya what, guys. Republicans aren't doing themselves any favors with Hispanics (or anyone else, for that matter) when they start talking about repealing the 14th Amendment and other similarly crazy shit. Talk abut driving voters away - there doesn't seem to be a ceiling on the Stupid/Crazy among the Rs, does there?

- D

The Fool On The Hill

Reaction score
Think you might want to check your facts there a bit....Hispanics are heavily registered on the dem side of the house....at least in Caliornia they are and we have the largest population of Hispanics.

Hey we are Generalizing here buddy! I am just telling you about the Hispanics I know and how they worship the ground Bush and his brother walks on.

Plus doesn't Bush have Mexicans and Hispanics in his Family?

The Fool On The Hill

Reaction score
Most (legal) Hispanics are absolutely against amnesty for illegal aliens, since they had to do it the hard way.

Adding 20 million undocumented Democrats would essentially ensure a permanent (D) majority in many places.

Well the Repubs are not going to do anything about it so why does it matter which way they swing?

It is the two party system at fault here and noobdy is doing anything about it.

The Fool On The Hill

Reaction score
Let me just make it clear also Hispanic is not a Race. I have seen Hispanics whiter than people in Northern Europe and I have also seen Black Hispanics.

So Hispanics is no more a race than Italian is.

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
Hey we are Generalizing here buddy! I am just telling you about the Hispanics I know and how they worship the ground Bush and his brother walks on.

Plus doesn't Bush have Mexicans and Hispanics in his Family?

I know a number of hispanic descent Americans that like Bush as well, but the majority of Hispanics normally vote the democrat side of the house....at least according to the polls and stats I've seen. Just throwing out the generalization that seems to be the norm.

Yes, I believe your right that there are a number of people in the Bush family that are of hispanic descent....

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
Oh, goodie. The '20 million democrats' line again...

Tell ya what, guys. Republicans aren't doing themselves any favors with Hispanics (or anyone else, for that matter) when they start talking about repealing the 14th Amendment and other similarly crazy shit. Talk abut driving voters away - there doesn't seem to be a ceiling on the Stupid/Crazy among the Rs, does there?

- D

No more than the stupid/crazy you get from the dems....please don't start trying to nail the repubs when the dems are just, if not more, bat shit crazy...

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
Let me just make it clear also Hispanic is not a Race. I have seen Hispanics whiter than people in Northern Europe and I have also seen Black Hispanics.

So Hispanics is no more a race than Italian is.

Correct, unless you are a government type that want to classify everyone into a group. Personally could care less...an American is an American and we should leave all the adjectives off of "American" imo.

Makeitstop

Reaction score
No more than the stupid/crazy you get from the dems....please don't start trying to nail the repubs when the dems are just, if not more, bat shit crazy...

Really?

Aren't Rs supposed to be the ones who 'revere the Constitution' and don't want to mess with it? I hear that every day right here on this board - that we have to get back to following the Constitution, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

So why would the Republican leadership even bring up the topic of repealing the 14th Amendment as a remedy to illegal immigration - and then walk it back hard after it started to dawn on them that it was an extreme position in the first place?

Stupid... or crazy? We report, you decide. :D

- D

The Fool On The Hill

Reaction score
Really?

Aren't Rs supposed to be the ones who 'revere the Constitution' and don't want to mess with it? I hear that every day right here on this board - that we have to get back to following the Constitution, etc., etc., ad infinitum.

So why would the Republican leadership even bring up the topic of repealing the 14th Amendment as a remedy to illegal immigration - and then walk it back hard after it started to dawn on them that it was an extreme position in the first place?

- D

Its the good ole American Double Standard.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Really?

- D

If the R's were going after the 14th full-scale (I'd rather them go after #17), they would push a Constitutional amendment but most likely when regaining the majority. They wouldn't try to pass unconstitutional mandates rejected by 75% of voters. ;D

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
Really?

- D

I don't know that the repub leadership was actually advancing the repeal of the 14th Amendment.....would like to see that sourced.....would have expected that all over the papers and the evening news if that was the repub's leadership position, and it would have been if that was the case....

As an Independent it cracks me up how one remark from a member of a party all of a sudden can become "what that party believes".....both sides of the isle guilty as charged on this.....

How about the dem in congress (from NY I believe) that submitted a bill to congress to repeal the limit on the number of terms a President can serve the day after Obama got sworn in......because he felt BO should have the opportunity to be president for life....BAT SHIT CRAZY.

Makeitstop

Reaction score
I don't know that the repub leadership was actually advancing the repeal of the 14th Amendment.....would like to see that sourced.....would have expected that all over the papers and the evening news if that was the repub's leadership position, and it would have been if that was the case....

As an Independent it cracks me up how one remark from a member of a party all of a sudden can become "what that party believes".....both side of the isle guilty as charged on this.....

Oh, okay. If you didn't see it on the news, it must not have happened. Here ya go...

Lindsey Graham brought it up first. Then John Kyl and even Mitch McConnell (you know him, the minority leader) offered support for the idea. Then John McCain (you remember him? The R standard-bearer in the last election?) came out in support of it.

Then they all weaseled on it when even people on their own side started saying it was a stupid idea. Tough Guy McCain actually ran away from reporters when asked about it, and McConnell sent an aide to say he really didn't support the idea.

Enough proof for you, or should I go get more?

- D

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
All 4 are RINOs. The 14th Amendment is safe. lol

Makeitstop

Reaction score
All 4 are RINOs. The 14th Amendment is safe. lol

Not really my point, P.

CenCal asserted that one guy, probably a back-bencher, simply mused about the remote possibility that maybe it might be a good idea to look into it, and it got mangled (by the liberal media or something, I guess) into 'what the party believes.'

My point was that the Senate Minority Leader and the last Republican presidential candidate (among others) all went on the record saying they'd support looking into it.

These guys, RINO or not, are the Republican leadership. They all made noises that they'd be okay with holding hearings on it. Granted, they all walked it back after people went 'WTF?,' but they did initially voice support for the idea.

- D

CenCalPlayer

Reaction score
Oh, okay. If you didn't see it on the news, it must not have happened. Here ya go...

Lindsey Graham brought it up first. Then John Kyl and even Mitch McConnell (you know him, the minority leader) offered support for the idea. Then John McCain (you remember him? The R standard-bearer in the last election?) came out in support of it.

Then they all weaseled on it when even people on their own side started saying it was a stupid idea.

Enough proof for you, or should I go get more?

- D

Easy there big guy...wasn't taking a shot, just said I hadn't seen it and that I didn't think the "leadership" of the repub was pushing it.....just read the article you posted about Mitch McConnel....where does it say anything about Repealing the 14th Amendment? He is talking about visiting the issue of illegals coming to the States, popping out a baby and that kid automatically becoming a US Citizen....having a discussion about it is a far cry from repealling the 14th Amendment....the article from Graham says he wants to introduce an Amendment to the Constitution that would alter the law of the land to say if ILLEGALS come and drop a kid on our soil, the kid isn't automatically a US Citizen....hardly a crazy stance since that is the way it is just about every other country on this planet and a good number of people in this country feel the same way.....

You are putting a spin on what is being said....you don't have to agree with the stance but you ought to read your sourcing a little better and keep it in context. The Constitution has a very specific set of tasks that must be followed in order to change it....we have added and repealed Admendments in the past...it's part of our Constitutional process.

If you want to get down to it, the posts that say get back to the Constitution are in reference, most of the time, to the huge power grab the Fed has been doing the last twenty years that is not granted them in the Constitution......so let's be real about what people are talking about.

Makeitstop

Reaction score
Easy there big guy...wasn't taking a shot, just said I hadn't seen it and that I didn't think the "leadership" of the repub was pushing it.....just read the article you posted about Mitch McConnel....where does it say anything about Repealing the 14th Amendment? He is talking about visiting the issue of illegals coming to the States, popping out a baby and that kid automatically becoming a US Citizen....having a discussion about it is a far cry from repealling the 14th Amendment....the article from Graham says he wants to introduce an Amendment to the Constitution that would alter the law of the land to say if illegals come and drop a kid on our soil, the kid isn't automatically a US Citizen....hardly a crazy stance since that is the way it is just about every other country on this planet and a good number of people in this country feel the same way.....

Ah. They didn't really want to repeal the 14th, they just wanted to hold hearings about repealing Birthright Citizenship.

Talk about putting a spin on things. In one paragraph you seem to be saying that Graham doesn't want to repeal the 14th, he just wants to introduce an amendment that pretty much repeals the 14th.

Sorry, but I'm not catching the subtle difference between the two.

And if it's not such a crazy idea, why did McConnell come out and tell WaPo that he really didn't support the idea? Shouldn't he have the courage of his convictions and stand behind what he initially said?

Maybe this is all election-year posturing and none of the Republicans really want to repeal an amendment to the Constitution. But if that's the case, why burn a few news cycles putting the idea forth then another news cycle reversing themselves?

- D

Latest Threads