VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

Mexican Drug Cartel Allegedly Puts a Price on Arizona Sheriff's Head

$1M offered for Arpaio, $1K to join cartel

PHOENIX - He's been at the center of the discussions and controversies surrounding illegal immigration enforcement in Arizona for quite a while.

On the day parts of Arizona's immigration law, SB 1070, went into effect, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio is in the news for another reason: there's a price on his head - allegedly offered by a Mexican drug cartel.

The audio message in Spanish is a bit garbled, but the text is clear.

"It's offering a million dollars for Sheriff Joe Arpaio's head and offering a thousand dollars for anyone who wants to join the Mexican cartel."

A man who wants to remain anonymous says his wife received the text message Tuesday evening. It also included an international phone number and instructions to pass the message along.

"She showed it to me..I was kind of disgusted..I reported it to the Sheriff's department yesterday..they said they were going to direct the threat squad on it."

Lisa Allen of the Sheriff's office says they believe the message originated in Mexico.

Although the Sheriff has received numerous death threats in the past, they believe this threat is credible because of its timing.

"Arpaio gets threats pretty routinely, but obviously with this heightened awareness of his role in the immigration issue we've got to take this one a little bit more seriously with a million dollar contract out on him," said Allen.

But she says what really concerns investigators is how quickly the message may have been spread. "It's going so many different places that our folks are looking at it and thinking well at any given point in time it could land in front of some crazy person who thinks I can do that."

As for Arpaio's reaction to the threat, "It's a little bit like water off a duck's back for him, but you never know if it's that sense of false bravado with him..you just can't read it, I'm sure he's concerned, I'm sure he's concerned for his family more than anything else," said Allen.

The Sheriff's office says investigators are trying to trace exactly where the text message came from, but because it did originate from an international number, that will be difficult too.

brianugly

Reaction score
10001877.jpg

GreaseBox

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXmhyc_QynE]YouTube - Bob Marley- I Shot the Sheriff[/ame]

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
This was bound to happen, he and his attitude puts him in the spotlight, he could have been in a low profile, but no, he wants to be the savior of the state.

Sorry to hear that, but when cartels are on to you, well you know how your going to end sooner or later.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think this is more of a reason to be able to use more force. IF he has a price on his head, that means people will be hunting him. So whats a better reason to hunt the hunters?

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
I think this is more of a reason to be able to use more force. IF he has a price on his head, that means people will be hunting him. So whats a better reason to hunt the hunters?

true, but is very unlikely they will stand a chance against the druglords, they are too big now and besides i doubt the government will put more money just to save a soon to retire sherif.

PraXis

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Line our borders with tanks and landmines. That'll give the invaders something to cry about.

Makeitstop

Reaction score

Cartels are based in Mexico. Does Arpaio invade?

If they send a hitman after the guy, you can guarantee he (or she) won't look like a hitman. Do they just kill every Mexican that gets near Arpaio?

Sometimes more force isn't a good answer.

- D

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Line our borders with tanks and landmines. That'll give the invaders something to cry about.

The only way to beat the drug lords is to suspend all human rights until they are taken care of.

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It's a shame a guy trying to defend the law of the land gets a price on his head from another country.

People may think he's a "bad guy" by doing what he's doing, but I bet he really believe he's standing up for what's right and just trying to do his job.

I feel bad for him.

Scooter2112

Reaction score
I wonder if there is any "stimulus" money involved?? :hmm:

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying, it will give us more of a reason to use force if we need to. Maybe an excuse, if people are trying to cross illegally, with guns, and we need to use force to stop them, it will be much more justified.

Makeitstop

Reaction score
I'm just saying, it will give us more of a reason to use force if we need to. Maybe an excuse, if people are trying to cross illegally, with guns, and we need to use force to stop them, it will be much more justified.

Do you really think a hired shooter would be trying to cross the border with a gun? You don't think the drug cartel would have a guy with a passport to fly in and actually pick up a gun somewhere instead of risking being arrested entering the country with one? Or maybe the potential shooter is already here?

Do you really want to start indiscriminately killing people in hopes that one of them is the potential killer? You gotta think these things through.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to improve security around the sheriff and remain vigilant instead of using this as a pretext to just start shooting at people?

- D

VictorB

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Super Mod
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I'm going to write the Cartel a strongly worded letter.

zplapplap

Reaction score

If any of those cartels go after this sheriff, it won't be accomplished by sending armed mexicans across the border.

I haven't paid much attention to this sheriff and I'm unfamiliar with his issues and community. Regardless, I will be pissed off to no end if this guy becomes another casualty. Protecting him will be a test of political will. We have the means to protect him and fight back. Is this country willing to do either? We'll see.

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Do you really think a hired shooter would be trying to cross the border with a gun? You don't think the drug cartel would have a guy with a passport to fly in and actually pick up a gun somewhere instead of risking being arrested entering the country with one? Or maybe the potential shooter is already here?

Do you really want to start indiscriminately killing people in hopes that one of them is the potential killer? You gotta think these things through.

Wouldn't it be a better idea to improve security around the sheriff and remain vigilant instead of using this as a pretext to just start shooting at people?

- D

No where did I say they were going to do this, however it will provide justification for any force that is being issued. Remember when everyone had their panties in a bunch when the last confrontation happened with people throwing rocks and what not? Now add the fact that over the border, someone put a million dollar price tag on someones head. I think that will wake people up

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Its funny how you all that don't live in a 3rd world country thinks how cartels work, you have no idea.

God forbid it to happen but if that sheriff get murdered i hope the USA really uses its force to go after the druglords.

Makeitstop

Reaction score
No where did I say they were going to do this, however it will provide justification for any force that is being issued.

'Force being issued' where, exactly? At the border?

Not to be harsh or anything, but what you're saying makes no sense.

Remember when everyone had their panties in a bunch when the last confrontation happened with people throwing rocks and what not? Now add the fact that over the border, someone put a million dollar price tag on someones head. I think that will wake people up

But that incident with the kid getting shot was an isolated incident. US Border Patrol is not shooting people who try to get across the border, and to start doing so would cause a complete shitstorm.

While Arpaio likes getting attention and being showy about things he does, I'd be willing to bet that he's got a security detail close to him and we won't hear much about it. That's the sensible way to handle this.

- D

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
There are a lot of cases that do not get covered by the media about cops shootings on the border.

TeleDog

Pain in the Rear!
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
That's guy's no western hero, no martyr, no Clint Eastwood. Far from that.

But those drug cartels are a cancer and they need to be removed from the face of this earth, that's a different story altogether, but a reality that needs no further explanation.

You deal drugs? You rot in hell. Simple, practical and fair.

Latest Threads