Sheptone Tribute (Alnico 4)

rclausen

Reaction score
Sounds excellent all around. Sheptone definitely makes some killer sounding pickups

dc007

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice score on the pickups. And I really like the sound of that amp

Rds

Reaction score
Very nice. Guitar amp and pickups. Gotta say nice picking too. You hit your notes cleanly in time and in key but it's still rock and roll. Well done.

2009LPGT

Reaction score
Looks like you had regular Tributes as well? Do you prefer the Tribute or the Tribute IV? Did have wax potted or no? Great clips!

C.J.

Reaction score
I really dig the unique voicing that Sheptone puts in to all their pickups. They have a very distinct tone (heard in this video) across almost their whole range of PAF offerings.
It won't matter what amp you plug in to either, they're all gonna sound like variations of the same thing. The demo above sounds exactly the same as my set do through my AC30.
I really dig mine. The A5 offerings will literally tear your face off where as the 4's have that lovely mushy vocal like quality.
Goes without saying really but anyone thinking of buying a set should really be prepared to spend a lot of time dialing them in. They are super, super sensitive to height and pole adjustments. I nearly always end up having my neck pickup set low with the poles screwed down as I find set on an equal output level with the bridge, it always nerfs the bridge gnarliness. Have never managed to find a compromise I liked. To that end I nearly always spend more time in the middle position when playing rhythm so 20-30% taper pots and 50's wiring become essential imho.

AJK1

Reaction score
All these demos sound the same to me

roknfnrol

Reaction score
Looks like you had regular Tributes as well? Do you prefer the Tribute or the Tribute IV? Did have wax potted or no? Great clips!
I tend to go with the standard Tribute (Alnico 5) or the Tribute neck with BK bridge, but I recently installed the brand new Alnico 2 Tribute set and they are my current favorite. None of them are wax potted, thanks!

2009LPGT

Reaction score
I tend to go with the standard Tribute (Alnico 5) or the Tribute neck with BK bridge, but I recently installed the brand new Alnico 2 Tribute set and they are my current favorite. None of them are wax potted, thanks!

Thanks, yeah going back to standard Alnico 5 Tributes. Tried some other pups, these are just "home" for me.

PRS

Reaction score
I have a set of Sheptone A4 Blue Sky's in my R0 and a BK set in my Custom. They do have their own flavor, but yeah, they're PAF's all the way. I absolutely love them.

PRS

Reaction score
I have a set of Sheptone A4 Blue Sky's in my R0 and a BK set in my Custom. They do have their own flavor, but yeah, they're PAF's all the way. I absolutely love the

Latest Threads