Sheptone Tribute 2 (Alnico 2)

roknfnrol

Reaction score
Man, these are very warm and clean. I was wondering when Sheptone would release a set like this. Now they offer 3 different Tribute sets - Alnico 5, Alnico 4, and Alnico 2. I'm using a 2010 R8 and a vintage 1965 non-reverb Fender Deluxe amp with an Eminence GA- SC64 speaker.

zoork_1

Reaction score
Great sound, thanks. Can you tell us someting about the setting (amp controls) and you thoughts on the Eminence GA- SC64 speaker?

roknfnrol

Reaction score
Great sound, thanks. Can you tell us someting about the setting (amp controls) and you thoughts on the Eminence GA- SC64 speaker?
I generally keep the amp controls like this: volume 4 or 5, treble 4, bass 3. The vibrato channel does have the bright cap installed but the tremolo is disconnected from the circuit; I generally use this channel. The Eminence GA-SC64 is hands-down the best speaker I have ever tried with this amplifier; it's really fantastic, a perfect match.

BlueCajun

Reaction score
Very nice! And +1 on the Eminence GA-SC64. I've used one with a Fender 65 PRRI as well as with an Allen Accomplice (DR clone). Sounded fantastic in both amps.

jlee

Reaction score
Those sound sweet! I like the compression and bloom that doesn’t seem to be there with the A4 versions. A4 sounds stiffer, with a snappier attack.

roknfnrol

Reaction score
PAF replicas, heard one, heard 'em all
I find them all to be unique, have their own thing going on. Although I'd simply prefer to call them low-output vintage style pickups since PAF means something different to everyone it seems.

alnico59

Reaction score
I find them all to be unique, have their own thing going on. Although I'd simply prefer to call them low-output vintage style pickups since PAF means something different to everyone it seems.

My playing style is similar to yours, bluesy with none of the in your face rock power chord stuff. IME much of the tones you demonstrated can also be achieved with an A5 set by turning down the vol /tone on the guitar and still having more gas in the tank if needed. But I will admit the chase of the perfect pickups can be fun, albeit costly.

roknfnrol

Reaction score
My playing style is similar to yours, bluesy with none of the in your face rock power chord stuff. IME much of the tones you demonstrated can also be achieved with an A5 set by turning down the vol /tone on the guitar and still having more gas in the tank if needed. But I will admit the chase of the perfect pickups can be fun, albeit costly.
I agree about the A5 option, vol and tone control approach, and pickup chasing haha.

BlueCajun

Reaction score
I keep watching your video. Makes me seriously tempted to pitch my Duncan Antiquities for a set of these. I know it's hard to tell from a Youtube video how pickups will sound in real life, but these seem to have a perfect blend of sweet and warm but not muddy and clear and bright but not ear piercing.

roknfnrol

Reaction score
I keep watching your video. Makes me seriously tempted to pitch my Duncan Antiquities for a set of these. I know it's hard to tell from a Youtube video how pickups will sound in real life, but these seem to have a perfect blend of sweet and warm but not muddy and clear and bright but not ear piercing.
Antiquities are really great. Is there something you don't like about them?

AJK1

Reaction score
Don't pitch the Duncans

Latest Threads