Shed supernaturals

jlee

Reaction score
Just installed a set of Shed Supernaturals in my '02 Tokai LS-200. I am completely floored! Took a lot of effort to pull myself away to write this review.

Nothing I have had in my Tokai has even come close to the Sheds!!!
I've previously had Gotoh MKII, '57 Classics, Duncan '59, Bareknuckle PG Blues, High Order and WB **** Peter Greens.

I always felt I was missing certain qualities with past pickup sets and believed it was the actual wood and not the pickups. There were certain qualities I was hearing in my favorite recordings that I simply wasn't hearing in my Tokai.

Still playing with the pickup and pole piece heights, but the tone is so woody and harmonically rich! I only recently heard about PAF double tones and now know what everyone has been on about.

There is so much character to the tone and so many characteristics I have never heard in another PAF style set that I feel like most people are truly missing out and don't even know what they're missing!

If I had the cash, I'd rip out all of the other sets in my other guitars to make room for some more Shed Pickups. I do eventually plan on replacing my other sets with Sheds.

:applause:

phlz_8

Reaction score
Nice, I'm looking to get a pair soon.

jamman

Reaction score
Thanks for posting, I ordered some pickups from Spence, Because of reviews like yours. Everyone raves about his pups. I cann't wait to get them. And after I get mine, I'll do a review also.

BrianGT

Reaction score
Nice review! Glad you like them!:thumb:

His pickups really are up there with the very best available.....they are going in to a guitar I am having built.

jwinger

Reaction score
Got mine recently too - floored as well! I be posting a full review soon, but in the mean time...here's a very quick clip of the bridge, where you can here the clarity

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5P65wAYdzw]YouTube - 65 Amps Soho Clean - HD[/ame]

and a quick one of both pickups...

(I'll do a full review when I've replaced the dodgy pots in the guitar - hopefully later this week!)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpVk6CMt33U]YouTube - Shed Pickups - Peter Green Supernatural PAFs[/ame]

decoy205

Reaction score
Great clips John! I like your playing style a lot. I'd say these really hit the Greeny sound.

Thanks for sharing man. Looking forward to more clips.

ReverendJWblues

MLP Chaplain
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Great stuff now you know why I like my ShedZeppies so much, hell I may have to buy another guit just to put some Supernaturals in, loved that tone. :)

Of course I do have my super secret Area51s from The Spence also, they really kick some ass also. :)

jlee

Reaction score
Nice videos! I'm surprised by the note separation and clarity of the Sheds compared to the other pickups in my other guitars. I always thought the other guitars had great clarity until I AB'd them to the Sheds.

Latest Threads