Share Your Explorers

tonedr

Reaction score
Gibson Original Collection..always wanted one and when the OC included it in the series that was it. It's beyond fun, and a great playing and sounding guitar. You can actually go tent camping with the case:) Looking forward to hearing your Explorer story!

gWUsc85l.jpg

ABeYNkRl.jpg

nPuijdql.jpg

KS 5150

Reaction score
My 2009 Explorer. Owned since new, with the exception of 6 months when I sold it, realized it was a forever guitar, and was lucky enough to buy it back. I'm not selling it again :) upgraded with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickups:

Explorer.jpg

efstop

I render not the posterior of a rodent
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a used 2018 Antique Natural in 2019. It had been knocked down a further $300 for a blowout sale so I traded some gear in for it. It was a store transfer. They couldn't find the case, and that was upsetting, because it's a $300 case here. They gave me a poorly fitting TKL generic and I took it home. A few days later, the store that sent the guitar found the case, with all of its case candy intact. Happy days.

I had to put the rear seat backs down and slide the case in through the trunk opening to get it home. 25 lbs, case and all. It's an awesome guitar, and I really like the BB 2 & 3 pickups. But it's a tough guitar to move around, and I may sell it.

full

full

full

tonedr

Reaction score
My 2009 Explorer. Owned since new, with the exception of 6 months when I sold it, realized it was a forever guitar, and was lucky enough to buy it back. I'm not selling it again :) upgraded with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickups:

Explorer.jpg
Great story & killer guitar - thx for sharing!

tonedr

Reaction score
I bought a used 2018 Antique Natural in 2019. It had been knocked down a further $300 for a blowout sale so I traded some gear in for it. It was a store transfer. They couldn't find the case, and that was upsetting, because it's a $300 case here. They gave me a poorly fitting TKL generic and I took it home. A few days later, the store that sent the guitar found the case, with all of its case candy intact. Happy days.

I had to put the rear seat backs down and slide the case in through the trunk opening to get it home. 25 lbs, case and all. It's an awesome guitar, and I really like the BB 2 & 3 pickups. But it's a tough guitar to move around, and I may sell it.

full

full

full
Great story! Explorer cases are like getting a new piece of furniture! I think you should keep it:)

Buffalo

Reaction score
super nice! I like the toggle between the knobs too! Do you like it?
Never thought about it, because i don't play the Explorer often, and if i do the switch is always in the bridge position.

Latest Threads