Shame on you Gibson. Shame.

calieng

Reaction score
Why did you use a proxy IP service to register here?

It's great for hiding multiple accounts, but your other IPs will turn up sooner or later.

Keep that in mind...
I am at the Gear Page for years under the same name.

I do not use a proxy. I am on Time Warner Cable.

Here's my eBay store for reference...

deleted

I have about $300k in value in my guitar collection (about $110k for sale right now). and have scratch built about 100 amps. I have even been to NAMM with an amp company that I helped get started.

This cap thing just pushed me to the point of posting but I have been on here before researching pickups etc.

calieng

Reaction score
3 posts and you're making friends already.

Licensed engineer? And??? That has what to do with anything? Your clearly clueless, and rude at best.
I am fine being rude to a scam artist.

I am the lead engineer on one of the largest energy storage system ever constructed in USA that is just finishing construction here in Californa. I oversaw the design and also construction support. There is some electrical stuff involved. As well as lots of PV systems at military bases and institutions...

Once again what is your experience and qualifications? Out of work guitar tech from some store that went out of business?

You are clueless about being a businessman. You don't attack customers on forums if you want to be successful. Sometimes you just got to let people have their opinions.

freebyrd 69

Premium Member
Reaction score

deleted

I have about $300k in value in my guitar collection (about $110k for sale right now). and have scratch built about 100 amps. I have even been to NAMM with an amp company that I helped get started.

This cap thing just pushed me to the point of posting but I have been on here before researching pickups etc.
And yet......nobody cares. TGP is full of know it all antagonistic douches like you. Stay there.

LpCustom2007

Reaction score
Banned??

Come on.. Martin6string does have a bad attitude, Ive seen it in many many threads. Short derogatory comments implying everyone that dont agree are idiots instead of sober argumentation.

There are a few vendors on here like that, I know I'll stick to the ones that can argue for their sake in a polite manner even when being critizised.

VictorB

Formerly LZF
Super Mod
Reaction score

deleted

You lost the dick measuring contest.

They allow your type of rudeness on the Gear Page?

Good thing you didn't name the amp company, I'm sure they'd be embarrassed as hell.

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Banned??

Come on.. Martin6string does have a bad attitude, Ive seen it in many many threads. Short derogatory comments implying everyone that dont agree are idiots instead of sober argumentation.

There are a few vendors on here like that, I know I'll stick to the ones that can argue for their sake in a polite manner even when being critizised.
I don't have a bad attitude. I just don't have any tolerance for idiots or those that think it's okay to sh!t on someones business.

And trust me, your money doesn't spend in my store, so don't flatter yourself into thinking somehow you're punishing me or anyone else for that matter.

Now if you have some personal issue with me, feel free to PM instead of continuing to defecate in this thread.

abracadaben

Reaction score
OMG, I just decided to dive in this thread and I have to say I had a great laugh.

quick stupid question. Do caps age and how?

LpCustom2007

Reaction score
:wave:I forgot this thread was for defecating on Gibson's product, without whom there would be nothing to buy "higher quality" aftermarket parts for. Silly me.

As far as Im concerned, any product should be fine discussing, both positive and negative aspects of it. If the producer can't argue and stand for his product but need to hide behind deragatory comments, so be it, but im not into the asskissing contest.

Guess Im getting banned as well soon, so see ya'll, it was fun while it lasted:wave:

johan.b

Reaction score
Hasn't this thread gone on long enough now?
A product, any product is worth as much as people are ready to pay for it.
The cost of the product is actually irrelevant in the face of percived value
If the cost to value ratio is big enough, there can be a business model in there.
Let's not wreck the day for those trying to sustain their business by supplying the market with their product. Leave it to the paying customer to decide how much is worth and to the business owners to decide if the cost to value ratio is acceptable.

..a fuzz face can be built, chassis and all, for~10$. Yet people are often ready to hundreds for them....

..going down to the man cave to play some guitar. ...
j

MATTM

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
If the cost to value ratio is big enough, there can be a business model in there.
Let's not wreck the day for those trying to sustain their business by supplying the market with their product. Leave it to the paying customer to decide how much is worth and to the business owners to decide if the cost to value ratio is acceptable.

..a fuzz face can be built, chassis and all, for~10$. Yet people are often ready to hundreds for them....

j

:applause:

jamman

Premium Member
Reaction score

j
Some might think what they may , I've met Mat a few years back and can only say good things about him . Good guy . I'd do business(and have done business) with him anytime .

To the quoted post above
No.were just getting started with this thread where we got a "smart Guy" teaching all us dummies , How it should be .. A real Edumacation ,,,for free :lol:
Why not sit back , enjoy ,those who entertain us by taking the LOW Road . It's' fun to watch .....

Lets see how much junk 1 can contrive to post ..... So we are all impressed .:cool:

Agree , It's time to go make some noise :shock:

grayd8

Reaction score
Banned??

I don't see it that way.

First of all it wasn't criticism, it was outright half truths and utter nonsense.
Anyone here that has taken the time to build thier own 550k harnesses
knows that those pots only come from one place.
And that place charges 400% more that what calieng was claiming.

Second, the dude came out of left field, directly attacking Matt's grail harness.
Matt called him out on his claims, he even offered to buy 1,000 sets.
Calieng couldn't back his numbers, but continued to bash Matt.

The guy was a troll. You can buy from whoever you want, that's your decision.

Someone that is willing to stand behind his product, and challenge someone attacking their integrity?
That is exactly the kind of person I want to give my business to.

Thumpalumpacus

Reaction score
To me, the entire advantage of Gibson's four-pot harness is that I can find hundreds of usable tones in the middle position by balancing pickup volumes and tones.

That advantage is lost when the pots don't function effectively, for whatever reason. One thing I didn't like about my 09 SG was that when I rolled off the volume, it sucked out treble too.

BDW60

Reaction score
Read my mind. That's my project for tonight. I'll report.
Attempting to put this train back on the tracks ... Did you out the Greg custom buckers back in with the harness for a comparo? :hmm:

abracadaben

Reaction score
for what its worth, I have owned a 54/59 conversion with a vintage harness that I installed, I owned a 54GT with vintage harness (Grey tigers), I also own a GT HM with 50s BBees and I installed another set of vintage PIO Bees in a R9, they all presented the same particularity, tone pot below 2 the sound would be very creamy to my ears compared to modern caps.

so 3 things:
- could be also the pots since I had changed pots
- could be PIO caps aging (if they ever do)
- could be bad caps. Well I havent tried enough to know if its actually expected from them so something I actually like (creaminess) might be just not normal and bad caps LOL.

But its clearly not present in of the Rs Ive had...

BSeneca

Reaction score
Cause I said so?[/QUO

What an asshole statement. You don't even have enough knowledge/intelligence to come back with an educated response. What are you 8? Matt does great work and in my opinion should charge MORE for his harness. Vintage bees wont last forever. When they are gone they are gone. He takes the time to do quality work and should be rewarded.........cause I said so!!!!!!!

LpCustom2007

Reaction score
Cause I said so?[/QUO

What an asshole statement. You don't even have enough knowledge/intelligence to come back with an educated response. What are you 8? Matt does great work and in my opinion should charge MORE for his harness. Vintage bees wont last forever. When they are gone they are gone. He takes the time to do quality work and should be rewarded.........cause I said so!!!!!!!
Sir, did you read my comments??

I for one have not attacked Matt, nor commented on any of his prices.
He´s the one calling me names and belittleing mine and others opinions.

The quoted comment above referred to his comment on how he should not be insulted by my initial comment. Well, the answer to that is cause I started the sentence with "No disrespect to any vendors selling these". See? That was my way of saying that they can sell whatever they want, and that my opinion has nothing to do with their specific business, just the general product.
I also said that they do provide a great service for people who want and are satisfied with their products. For me, not so much. You see the difference? As an example, if I think that religion is bull**** (which I do), does that mean that I can´t have respect for people practising it, or people "selling it" (churches, priests etc)?? Not at all, it´s not the same thing. My opinion is my opinion.

If I meant to insult anyone, why would I start the sentence with a disclaimer??

It´s almost frightening how people here tend to not read comments, or simply don´t care to understand them, but are very fast judging others.