Sg w/Floyd frx

DrewDM

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has tried them out. Thinking of putting one on mine to counter act the neck dive.

Has anyone used one on an SG?

And if so, did it balance the guitar a little better?

Not much of a purist with this sg, it’s a 2016 HP model. It’s a great playing guitar but I’m sick of the auto tuners and the neck dive is annoying.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has tried them out. Thinking of putting one on mine to counter act the neck dive.

Not much of a purist with this sg, it’s a 2016 HP model. It’s a great playing guitar but I’m sick of the auto tuners and the neck dive is annoying.
Put standard Grover’s on it then.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Tape a little baggy of fishing weights in the control cavity or use a strap with suede on the inside.

My HP SG is a diver, too. No other SG I have or have had does it though.

SGs need Maestros or Bigsbys :)

DrewDM

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, gonna change out the tuners next week and see if that helps first I guess.

Roxy13

Reaction score
Are you going with the Grovers? Please post back with whichever tuners you use and whether or not that helped the dive. I've been thinking the Grovers might not be much lighter than the G Force. And the headstock holes are the larger ones (10mm I think) so if you use a light weight tuner like a vintage type you would have to use the larger bushings, too.

So far I am enjoying the G Force. It makes the guitar a really good one for doing Led Zeppelin songs with alternate tunings, and if you want to play slide this is the fastest guitar for raising and lowering the string height.

Daniel.S

Reaction score
Also, I’m not a fan of Derek Trucks, but you could add the maestro tailpiece for more weight.

Frogfur

Reaction score

That would be the worst reason in the world to do that. You'll enduo selling it.

DrewDM

Reaction score
I was actually thinking either Grover’s or the hipshots. You are right though roxy, there are definitely pros to the e tune, my main reason for changing them would be to lighten up the headstock.

Gonna look into the maestro tailpiece too, didn’t think of that, thanks.

I had an sg standard in ‘96, wound up selling it in ‘97 to get an RR1. I don’t remember ever having the issue with the neck dive back then but who knows. From what I’m reading it’s an issue with most SG’s

Roxy13

Reaction score
I don't think dive is an issue with most SGs. I have 4 right now and only the HP dives. I think the aluminum bridge and tailpiece are part of the equation as well. It's not just the G Force. I'm not sure though if your 2016 has those too or if that was a 2017 on thing.

61LPSG

Reaction score
Is the SG body thick enough to house the Floyd?