Seymour Duncan Whole Lotta Humbuckers

guitarcase

Reaction score
Just my opinion and nothing personal, but when I read the marketing about the SH-18 set, SD says nothing about the 80's and everything about the 70's. Does not mention MJ. I strongly beleive these pickups are based on multiple winds he did for a whole lotta artists in the 70's.

Based on ? Marketing ? Seymour is trying to suggest he wound similar to these for JP in the 70's without actually saying he did. He didn't. He was in London at that time, but the rest is ambiguose and vague on purpose. Take marketing for what it is. However, they are good pickups, quite hot. As to other posts, why take an a5 pup and put an a4 in? Just get a pup that's wound for an a4. Aka bkp mule. I didn't like bareknuckle black dog, too thick, nor did I like the riff raff, a bit single coil sounding. The mules are a really good all rounder. They have a4.magnet in bridge (and a3 neck as a special order )I have mules in one lp and whole lotta s in my other for their extra oomph and bite.

sosomething

Reaction score
PB150011_zps49e55787.jpg

PB150005_zpscf584b6b.jpg

Apologies for the thread derail, but it needs to be stated again that this is an absolutely gorgeous Les Paul.

Anyway...

Please report any findings with the A3/UOA5 in the WLH set.. I've been looking for a reason to hassle MJ to make me something and that would be the perfect excuse.

darthphineas

Reaction score
The mules are a really good all rounder. They have a4.magnet in bridge (and a3 neck as a special order )I have mules in one lp and whole lotta s in my other for their extra oomph and bite.

since you mentioned them, BKP products have totally blown me away. I have a few models I first grabbed in late 2013 and have added more of those models to the lineup. I found a BKP dealer here locally and about about to grab a few more models, primarily for the neck slots of my LP. am looking at the Emerald and the RR. they make great stuff.

Latest Threads