Seymour Duncan Full Shred

Marky Mark

Reaction score
Where do the Full Shred fall on the spectrum? Are they 'heavy metal' pickups, or more in mold of hot classic rock pups, like jb/jazz pegasus/sentient ?

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
More hot classic rock/metal, think 80s thrash and shred, especially if you consider the JB a hot classic rock pickup. It's very scooped, though.

FWIW I think of the Pegasus and Sentient as more modern, even if they aren't super high output. Something in their voicing and their tight low end doesn't sound very classic to me, though the Sentient especially is very versatile and I like it a lot.

jbash

Reaction score
Full Shred is the Custom wind with A5 magnets, and hex polepieces. It's like a Custom 5 without the bass and a bit more articulate.

Deftone

Reaction score
I just realized I have a Full Shred. I've had it for years and never installed it in anything. I think I'm going to put it in my Ibanez S420.

Marky Mark

Reaction score
if you consider the JB a hot classic rock pickup.

FWIW I think of the Pegasus and Sentient as more modern, even if they aren't super high output. Something in their voicing and their tight low end doesn't sound very classic to me, though the Sentient especially is very versatile and I like it a lot.

I'm looking at options for my Ibanez RGT62, it currently has Tone Zone/Air Norton, pretty good, but to me, not ideal. My main interests are classic rock, old school metal.

ErictheRed

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
You could give it a try, personally I might go for the Custom 5 Alnico instead, but they aren't worlds apart.

Red Beard

Reaction score
I just realized I have a Full Shred. I've had it for years and never installed it in anything. I think I'm going to put it in my Ibanez S420.

I got a JB ill trade ya for it

BKS

Reaction score
Have a full shred neck pickup. Nice upgrade for a jazz...even though I do like the jazz too.

Deftone

Reaction score
Have a full shred neck pickup. Nice upgrade for a jazz...even though I do like the jazz too.
I was listening to some clips of the Shredneck, I like it.

Reactions: BKS

Latest Threads