Seymour Duncan Antiquity P90's Pole Spacing?

slug_maine

Reaction score
Anybody know off hand if they are Gibson spaced at 49.2 mm or are they the 50 mm spacing? Tried searching for an answer and came up empty.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I have a set in a guitar. I will try to remember to measure tomorrow. Pretty sure they are on "standard" PAF spacing, at just under 50mm. Covers are most definitely interchangeable with Gibson from way back when or more recently in terms of pole spacing. However the baseplates are a slightly different story.

slug_maine

Reaction score
I have a set in a guitar. I will try to remember to measure tomorrow. Pretty sure they are on "standard" PAF spacing, at just under 50mm. Covers are most definitely interchangeable with Gibson from way back when or more recently in terms of pole spacing. However the baseplates are a slightly different story.
Much appreciated.

Liam

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Just measured both SD Antiquity P90s in one of my guitars. One measures 48.75, the other 48.80. Don't be too surprised by differences - measuring distances between centres is notoriously tricky, and I'm doing it via the pole screw heads, which are the most "mobile" part of the pickup. They will be nominal 49.2mm, or in actual fact 1 15/16" I am sure, probably squeezed in just a little by bobbin shrinkage.

Just for fun, checked original pickups in my '57 Special. 49.2mm and 49.1mm.

Just out of interest, why the question?

Liam

Latest Threads