Seymour Duncan Almico 2 Pro Pickups

kenpoken

Reaction score
Does anyone have these pickups and do they sound better than stock Epi's?

I am thinking of picking up a used set for a future project

stratdragon92

Reaction score
almico? is that a new model ;)

I think some guy with a funny hat and some bushy hair plays them.

Shagnwagon

Reaction score
Does anyone have these pickups and do they sound better than stock Epi's?

I am thinking of picking up a used set for a future project

Yes, In my opinion they do. But its also aided by upgraded pots, and caps.

DaveM

Reaction score
I have the regular SD Alnico Pro's in my Standard and the Slash Signature set in my Custom, to me they sound better then stock.

As noted above, upgrading the electronics and wiring will usually be a nice improvement to tone as well.

coreydm676

The Cosmos
Reaction score
id be willing to sell my bridge position one for 70 CAD shipped.

GERRYGTR62

Reaction score
got 'em in my AFD, they kick-ass!! Go get some--and yeah, may as well update the electronics, too [the AFD already has that fortunately for me, LOL!!]

Sportrider24

Reaction score
To the OP - 4 weeks ago my stock Epi LP std sounded better than my Ibanez RGR421 (mohogany body/maple cap). Then I put a Hotrodded humbucker set in my Ibanez and it now sounds much better than my LP. :) I'll fix that though when my SD Vintage Blues come in! :naughty:

1000 posts for me!! :dude:

Ozzy

Reaction score
he dosnt mean the Slash signature Alnico's!

DaveM

Reaction score
they are literally exactly the same they just stuck slashes name on them to sell more :thumb: :slash:

They are not exactly the same. The Slash set is wound a little hotter, are single conductor instead of four, have a long-legged bottom plate with a wood spacer.

The Alnico II Pro's have changed over the years. The Slash Signature set are made close to the same specs as the ones in Slash's Derrig Les Paul replica.

coreydm676

The Cosmos
Reaction score
They are not exactly the same. The Slash set is wound a little hotter, are single conductor instead of four, have a long-legged bottom plate with a wood spacer.

The Alnico II Pro's have changed over the years. The Slash Signature set are made close to the same specs as the ones in Slash's Derrig Les Paul replica.

I heard slash had to have them rewound about 2 years ago anyways so there not even really the same pickup anymore.

Latest Threads