Seventy Seven Guitars

MijHunter94

Reaction score
Had a pleasant surprise earlier today a stock black finish Seventy Seven Exrubato Standard ii came available super close to me locally. I know pretty much all of Deviser's other brands Crew's, Bacchus Momose and all about them etc. but Don't know really much to how the SS compares to other high end MIJ hollows out there or If It's even better than Momose's grade I see these go for around Bacchus LP price territory but not sure where it stands. Never really been huge on ES style gits but could always put it up for trade or resell with some people I know that would gladly take it He wants 1700 CAD which I've seen some cheaper gonna most likely haggle him down. Anybody got some info?

GammyBird

Reaction score
I don't think it's the same quality as Momose as that's their flagship when it comes to high end guitars but it's probably a pretty good guitar. I always though they'd be same quality as the Classic Series. Price seems good compared to what I'm seeing for sale on Yahoo Japan. Go for it especially if you can knock the price back a few bucks.

MijHunter94

Reaction score
I don't think it's the same quality as Momose as that's their flagship when it comes to high end guitars but it's probably a pretty good guitar. I always though they'd be same quality as the Classic Series. Price seems good compared to what I'm seeing for sale on Yahoo Japan. Go for it especially if you can knock the price back a few bucks.
Yeah, awesome I figured as much that they be close to Bacchus quality never bothered to look into SS never had the chance to play one as I said not into ES styled guitar's as much LP forever :p and thats good to know If I hate it you want it? ;)

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I had an Iced Tea finish Exrubato a few years ago. I still don't know what I was thinking when I sold it. It had a relatively fat neck and really nice tone. 1700 seems a bit expensive but I guess it might get pretty close to that with the current exchange and shipping prices if you bought one on YJ.

MijHunter94

Reaction score
I had an Iced Tea finish Exrubato a few years ago. I still don't know what I was thinking when I sold it. It had a relatively fat neck and really nice tone. 1700 seems a bit expensive but I guess it might get pretty close to that with the current exchange and shipping prices if you bought one on YJ.
How long ago and how much did u get urs for?

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
How long ago and how much did u get urs for?
I paid 103k with shipping back in 2016. The exchange was better back then and shipping was less. I bought it from Ischibashi.

GiddyHitch

Reaction score
I don't think it's the same quality as Momose as that's their flagship when it comes to high end guitars but it's probably a pretty good guitar. I always though they'd be same quality as the Classic Series.
That's still high praise though! I remember the Seventy Sevens going for 200k+ vs 90k for a Classic when they were new though.

free713

Reaction score
I believe at least some of the SS are closer to Momose. I only played one I think it was a Stork jazz and it played amazingly well and build quality was close to Momose

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I believe at least some of the SS are closer to Momose. I only played one I think it was a Stork jazz and it played amazingly well and build quality was close to Momose
Agree. I think people really mean the Bacchus Classic and Vintage series which were relatively limited. The regular line Bacchus guitars are not at the same level as those 2 series. I know Bacchus had a few 335 guitars at one point but no one mentions them. Whereas the Seventy Sevens get pretty high praise from most of those who have tried or owned one.

MijHunter94

Reaction score
Well managed to get him down to 1120US (Silver tongue for the win) Should I grab it guys? :p

Roxy13

Reaction score
An Exrubato Custom is what I want most.

free713

Reaction score
Price seems good. I believe the Exrubatu doesnt have a center Block, so you might want to play it before you buy it

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I think most of the ones you see on YJ do have centre block. Many of the fully hollow ones actually said "Hollow" on the trus rod cover. The Jazz version is also hollow I think.

free713

Reaction score
I think the Exrubatus are probably the most desirable as they resemble the big G semis the most

MijHunter94

Reaction score
So after seeing this Seventy Seven Exrubato Standard II locally.. It is completely mint no finish checking, cracks, bumps in the finish or visible fret wear neck and truss rod are perfect. Its like It hasn't been played at all since bought all original after inspection It has a center block. Tone and playability is great. The stock pickups are great for what they are really tone and touch sensitive but in the future IF I don't sell it I like to see some mojtones or Ox4s, to see how much it will enhance its already good tonal characteristics. Had some experience personally with the Greco mint series ES gits and the Edwards E-SA 's which I both had the pleasure of playing, great guitar's as well but to me and from It beats them imo... Was gonna do a Tokai comparison but well Never played a Tokai ES, just cant seem to find em :( Now the problem I can see coming up with this guitar is the scale length or the fact that is very light or that the fact that feels like a brand new guitar.

MijHunter94

Reaction score
And now what every1 is waiting for.. There was a early 2000's Gibson ES335 plaintop there as well, which is so MUCH more expensive and I ended up going back to the SS everytime and in the end ended up walking away with It for 1500 CAD w original HS case such a steal. This is not even the high end of SS guitars. I heard that real high ends come with Tom Holmes Pu's so can't imagine how much better they are. Highly recommend this guitar If the price is right. Gonna be posting pics later sometime to this forum in August due to professional camera being dead. Time to put her to work! ❤

Ph03n1x

Reaction score
I think you will be happy. The stock pickups are fine. I did a magnet swap in mine and from memory it felt perfect afterwards. I feel it was one of my more stupid guitar decisions to sell mine.

I don't know about Tom Holme pickups on the Seventy Sevens but maybe in their super fancy Exrubato customs with the extra binding and stuff. (I like the looks of the regular version better BTW).

Latest Threads