Sets out to time correct Neil Peart...

Kamen_Kaiju

smiling politely as they dream of savage things
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
It started out having so much promise, look where it's taken us.
I loved 'back in the day' when everyone had their own web page and they were different and unique and a little weird.

Now everything looks the same. It's all Wix and Wordpress, templates and shit.

54mtqk.jpg

TheX

Still Alive and Well
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Beato’s take on studio timing. He said a click basically kills any feel a song might have. Bonzo was all over the place but the songs felt great.
It depends on what kind of music you’re talking about, but mostly, I don’t listen to stuff that can’t be off by a few 0.001’s.
For me, the drummer IS the click track.

Freddy G

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I am guilty of all that power drunk producer nonsense when everyone was doing it....early 2000s I suppose. Autotuning vocals, chopping up and lining up everyone's performance to a grid. It's stupid. I can see that now. Just because you have the tools doesn't mean you should use them. It makes music plastic and lifeless.
But there is one take away for me at least. Because I've been accustomed to these microscopic production elements I think it has honed my senses enough so that now I never autotune or grid anything wholesale. That's not to say I don't use tools where I think it's necessary. But now I decide if I want to go in and fix something....I never rely on what the computer tells me is "out" and I keep it to a bare minimum. It's almost full circle back to old school....now instead of the mindset of "I can fix it in the mix" my goal is to always capture the right take. I embrace little flaws that have real character.

TheWelder

Reaction score
it's better than a Reaction video.

"Guy reacts to Rush drumming!!"

..but it's still all shit, like 90% of the stuff on youtube.

Content for the sake of content. He has his Dr Gimmick and he needs to make videos about 'something' to sell his 'brand' so he can 'be an influencer'.

It's the (Corporatized) way of the internet these days.

All the sites look the same. All the shit is the same.
Agree with this. YouTube used to be so cool and you could find some really cool and interesting stuff...but now it's mostly garbage that is designed to keep you clicking and engaged. YouTubers putting out 'content' just to get clicks and more subscriptions. Top ten lists, reactions, gear reviews (that are actually just commercials disguised as a review). Absolute garbage.

There are a few guitar related channels that I still like but for the most part I've tried hard to stop engaging with the doom scroll that is YouTube and spend that time actually playing guitar. It's been nice.

Jymbopalyse

Reaction score
Agree with this. YouTube used to be so cool and you could find some really cool and interesting stuff...but now it's mostly garbage that is designed to keep you clicking and engaged. YouTubers putting out 'content' just to get clicks and more subscriptions. Top ten lists, reactions, gear reviews (that are actually just commercials disguised as a review). Absolute garbage.

There are a few guitar related channels that I still like but for the most part I've tried hard to stop engaging with the doom scroll that is YouTube and spend that time actually playing guitar. It's been nice.
This is why I got rid of satellite TV. 1026 channels of utter crap.

Now youTube is the same.

But the internet is still useful at least.

DADGAD

Reaction score
Heaven forbid anyone tries to go back and remove the squeaky pedal in Since I’ve been loving you, or the telephone ringing during The Ocean solo. It wouldn’t be the same. I love the fact that they kept it in because the track was more
important.

Shred Astaire

Reaction score
I love how every gets mad at him for doing this video lol. He says right in there that you can’t time correct Peart and this is just for shits and giggles.

Latest Threads