Seth Lover pickups into Slash Epi

Kansas_LP

Reaction score
So, should I put Seth Lover pickups into my Novemberburst Slash Epi?

I really like the pickups. I’m pretty sure probuckers are in the Slash currently. Probuckers are good but they aren’t great.

Appreciate any feedback.

Attachments

• 0F7F9639-2D94-486C-B74D-3391ED3CE494.jpeg
    0F7F9639-2D94-486C-B74D-3391ED3CE494.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 21

Nick-O

Reaction score
Great PAF style pickups....always a good choice.

rbraad68

Reaction score
A lot of it is trial by eror. I put a set of the APH2s in my Slash guitar sounds great!! I just ordered a set of the Dimarzios double cream 59s for one of my guitars not sure yet where they will go??

BDW60

Reaction score
Do you want low output vintage style pickups in the guitar? If so, they answer is yes, absolutely.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I used to use SD JB n 59 combo in everything!! Now that i'm getting older my taste is changing and I lean more towards the lower output pups. Those Seth Lovers are deff low output pups. I would make sure thats what you want man....

**edit***
Have you considered a set of SD Aph2's in that guitar? You still have your lower output but also enough to satisfy you dist needs?? I put a set in my anaconda burst they sound great and clean up nicely when you roll back on the volume a bit....

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
The Probuckers that are in the Epiphone Slash are a special Probucker to Slash's specs, very similar to the Gibson Slash Custom Bursbuckers in their Slash guitars.

rbraad68 would know best since he has a couple of Slash guitars, what did you think of those special Slash Probucker's?

noodlingguitars

Reaction score
I used to use SD JB n 59 combo in everything!! Now that i'm getting older my taste is changing and I lean more towards the lower output pups. Those Seth Lovers are deff low output pups. I would make sure thats what you want man....

**edit***
Have you considered a set of SD Aph2's in that guitar? You still have your lower output but also enough to satisfy you dist needs?? I put a set in my anaconda burst they sound great and clean up nicely when you roll back on the volume a bit....

+1 on the SD A2PHs. Those are really nice - especially the neck. It's just got that bell like tone with enough hollowness to it.

fry

Reaction score
I bought a set of the Seth Lover pickups last year at a really good price. I’ve never heard a bad word about them, I’ve heard that they are as good as it gets for mass produced pickups. I ended up deciding against them after reading about the potential for squeal and feedback. They are not wax potted, which a lot of people love and prefer. I read too many people saying that if you have too much wattage, or too much gain, you might experience some squeal. I chickened out, sold them for a tidy profit.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I bought a set of the Seth Lover pickups last year at a really good price. I’ve never heard a bad word about them, I’ve heard that they are as good as it gets for mass produced pickups. I ended up deciding against them after reading about the potential for squeal and feedback. They are not wax potted, which a lot of people love and prefer. I read too many people saying that if you have too much wattage, or too much gain, you might experience some squeal. I chickened out, sold them for a tidy profit.
I opted for the Dimarzio 59s over the Seth Lovers .. I wanted to try a set of the Dimarzio pickups. I haven't used Dimarzio pups in 20 years at least !! So we will see if I made a mistake or not....

fry

Reaction score
I opted for the Dimarzio 59s over the Seth Lovers .. I wanted to try a set of the Dimarzio pickups. I haven't used Dimarzio pups in 20 years at least !! So we will see if I made a mistake or not....
I like DiMarzio stuff quite a bit. I particularly like the pole spacing they offer. The 48mm neck and 51mm f-spaced bridge are great for Epiphone and every other import I’ve tried them in. The strings line up with the pole pieces perfectly. It’s mostly an aesthetic thing, but I have a little bit of OCD about it.

rbraad68

Reaction score
So, should I put Seth Lover pickups into my Novemberburst Slash Epi?

I really like the pickups. I’m pretty sure probuckers are in the Slash currently. Probuckers are good but they aren’t great.

Appreciate any feedback.
When I bought my Slash last yr I didn't give the slash pro buckers a chance. It wasn't till I used the slah pro buckers in my 50s gold top did i realize how good those things sounded!! The Slash pro buckers are great sounding pups they have become my favorite pro bucker... I went with the Slash Aph2's in my Slash only cause my OCD demanded i do so !! Good luck man!

benderb9

Reaction score
I put a set of Seth Lovers in my 1991 LP 1960 Classic Bullion Gold. The avatar is with the original pups, I'd put in a set of Duncan Phat Cats, went back to the originals, then settled on the Seth Lovers. NO regrets as it now sounds like a good LP. I also put in a premium 50's wiring harness. Love it and it's a keeper.

Wingtip4

Reaction score
I’d go with Antiquities. They are the same as Seth Lovers but with a little more juice.

Steve T 667

Reaction score
no squeal, no feedback, no fun

59PAF

Reaction score
A lot of it is trial by eror. I put a set of the APH2s in my Slash guitar sounds great!! I just ordered a set of the Dimarzios double cream 59s for one of my guitars not sure yet where they will go??
I absolutely love the Dimarzio 59's. I have them in my 91 les Paul. I have a set of Seth lovers, Duncan 59's, and Gibson Burstbuckers 1&2 and prefer the Dimarzio 59"s over all of them.

59PAF

Reaction score
They say not to use Seth Lovers on a Amp over 50 watts. I had a set in my Les Paul a couple years and never experienced any feedback.

rbraad68

Reaction score
I absolutely love the Dimarzio 59's. I have them in my 91 les Paul. I have a set of Seth lovers, Duncan 59's, and Gibson Burstbuckers 1&2 and prefer the Dimarzio 59"s over all of them.
I was org looking at the 36th ones but after cruising the tone freak forum i found a thread about the Di'marzios ... So i figured what the hell.. May as well try a set. Only problem i have now is which guitar to put them in??? I will post some results once i get them installed....

Latest Threads