Serious Talk

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
So I write this thread as 1) a little venting, and 2) a little warning. Today in school we were informed that a student and friend of mine who's name I'll exclude was found dead this morning. The reasons are unknown they went to wake him up and he was dead. He was a friend not very close but I knew the kid and he was a stand up guy, I knew he liked to drink,smoke some weed sometimes and fight. He wasn't an asshole guy he wouldn't just pick fights with kids but he'd stand up for himself or his friends. When I heard the announcement I was pretty upset not as devastated as his close friends were who were brought to counseling but hurt, its upsetting when a 17yr old kid with his whole life ahead of him overdoses. His death really resonated with me and made me realize that you have to be careful with what you do and who you do it with, cause you never know when its your time. He was a good kid a strong kid and his death is one I am sure I won't ever forget. So Thanks for reading I feel better now that I talked about that, for the warning I'm just saying if your going to mess with drugs be careful cause you never know what might happen.

R.I.P man.

-cody

Sinmastah

Epi Verification Expert
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah man I know how you feel. Two people I knew from High School died 1 month before senior year. They were on a motorcycle, and a car pulled infront of the bike, and one died instantly, the other died a week late in the hospital. The kid who was driving was a good friend of mine in middle school, but we went different ways. Really said to hear about it, I hate to say that I didn't care much for the one of the kids who died, but still it hurts knowing that stuff can happen in the blink of any eye...

Hope everything is ok bro.

lowe

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
wow, thats too bad. we've had kids overdose actually in school, but not since ive been going has someone my age od'd.

Volusia

Reaction score
Hang in there. I hate to hear about the death of a young person.

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
yeah thanks for the comments, it was really eye opening for me and I don't know about my friends who were closer to him as they have there phones off so I haven't been able to talk to them, but I for one and laying off any drugs for awhile if not permanently.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Its a few of my old crew that are M.I.A. ... the last time i saw one of my old crew they still hadn't heard from them. It was a lot of people that wanted them dead, a couple were on smack pretty heavy. They may or may not be alive today. Had I not received the the wake up calls along the way of my path, i may, more than likely would have, eventually met an early death.

mrpesca

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your friend. I too just had a friend die a couple of days ago. He killed himself slowly with alcohol. He was on the waiting list for a liver but they wouldn't give him one until he quit drinking. He just couldn't kick the habit long enough to save himself.

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
+ all that is the cosmos.

Yeah after talking to my girlfriend about things tonight we both decide to stop smoking pot because we realized a future together or even apart is worth more then some weed. I've had two friends who had pot laced with PCP and I hope that this incident makes them kick as it did for me. Also tonight I found out that the cause of death was an overdose on pills, thats what my close friends are telling me how much truth I'm not certain but I certainly don't doubt it.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Yeah after talking to my girlfriend about things tonight we both decide to stop smoking pot because we realized a future together or even apart is worth more then some weed. I've had two friends who had pot laced with PCP and I hope that this incident makes them kick as it did for me. Also tonight I found out that the cause of death was an overdose on pills, thats what my close friends are telling me how much truth I'm not certain but I certainly don't doubt it.

yeah when you buy grass off the street you never know what your getting. most potheads are peaceful and for the most part honest, if they can remember the story lol... but your right. ive had raid weed, love boat (sprayed with imbalming fluid, or rolling paper dipped in imbalming fluid) ive had woo bangers passed to me without knowing that it wasnt just pot... so with any drug you run a risk. there is no safe drug really. except maybe coffee... and that will still run your blood pressure and pulse up lol. so no thats not safe either. and pot with pcp, ive had that too lol... the only thing i never messed with was needles. the only reason was everyone i knew shared needles. its a good thing they did, because i may have been dumb enough to take the plunge... if you surround yourself with people who tend to run into bad situations, you will more than likely end up running into bad situations yourself.

WildeStarr

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
yeah thanks for the comments, it was really eye opening for me and I don't know about my friends who were closer to him as they have there phones off so I haven't been able to talk to them, but I for one and laying off any drugs for awhile if not permanently.

Stay off the drugs. Period. Thats my advice. I lost 10 years of my life to substance abuse. I should be dead from all the shit I did to myself.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine died this summer. He was smart, he was athletic, and was kind to everyone, stook up for me once or twice. He moved to out of town to one about 20 minutes away. I'd see him occasionaly when I would go to the mall there. I always knew where to find him. I hadn't seen him in awhile. Well I found out that he had an asthma attack in his sleep and choked to death. His mother (single mother) found him dead the next morning. I wish I had known so I could have payed my respects at the memorial service. His mother scattered his ashes on the football field the day after.

I know how you feel. It's horrible to see someone go.

bildozr

Florida Man
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Oh... I forgot to mention that happened when he started getting depressed and smoking. Which made his asthma worse.

lp_junkie

Reaction score
I had a friend who died when we were in grade school, that's been almost 30 years ago and I still remember it to this day.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I had a friend who died when we were in grade school, that's been almost 30 years ago and I still remember it to this day.

Sorry to hear about your friend.

one of my best friends died when i was in grade school. i think i was 10 or 11.... i think about him often. he lived up the road from me, we spend quite a few summers riding bikes and doing things kids do... then one day i found out he had died in an atv accident. life is only available in the present moment. if you have a loved one near you. tell them you love them, and cherish your time together

banditguitarist1

Reaction score
some great replies here, ive spent the night with my girlfriend just relaxing together taking naps and talking in between my posting on here and stuff, its been really good and soothing to help after all the drama of today. I still haven't spoken to my friends but when I do I am defiantly telling them I'm totally off everything from here on in not just for myself but for everyone I know. It's a terrible lose losing a friend but it really makes you check out how your living and really think "am i really living and taking care of myself" or are you kidding yourself thinking that your invincible.

"One day we all gotta go but let that day be one when everything is said and done and you don't mind the curtain falling."

Part of a song I'm writing about this whole experience

lowe

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
one of my best friends died when i was in grade school. i think i was 10 or 11.... i think about him often. he lived up the road from me, we spend quite a few summers riding bikes and doing things kids do... then one day i found out he had died in an atv accident. life is only available in the present moment. if you have a loved one near you. tell them you love them, and cherish your time together

just this year this girl was 16, in my grade, and got in an accident. i guess they were drinking the night before but they all said they weren't that morning. her boyfriend was driving and wrecked into the atv in front of them, killed her but no one else. they tested him for alcohol and he was barely anything. like the point value of 1 beer. her parents pressed charges and hes still in jail. sad story, i didnt know the girl too well, but she had lots of friends and theres a whole locker section with pictures of her and her friends.

Latest Threads