September 2021 BTOTM

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
G Minor Track. Its 7.5 minutes. Feel free to use as much of the canvas as you desire. Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/jay-ellisor%2Fg-minor-easy-blues-guitar-backing-track-jam-in-gm
Here is the BTOM mantra:

If this is your first time, here are the guidelines.

What is it?
Every month I'll post a new backing track. It can be from any genre.
Download the track and record a solo over it.
Post your solo here along with what gear you used, recording equipment, and effects added. The more description you give the better.
I'm going to try and keep the backing tracks to under 2 minutes. Anything more is too daunting. Feel free to shorten it even more.
Try to get your recording in by the 3rd week of the month. We'll start over each month.
I'll take ideas on backing tracks so if you have a request, let me know.

Why do this?
Because it'll be fun!
I think this will be a great way to share ideas and see how each other interpret a piece differently. It will also be a good way to share recording techniques and receive overall feedback on our playing if we desire it.
This is NOT a competition!!!
Majority of people on here post great feedback in a helpful constructive way.

"But Bluto I'm scared!!!"
Look, I get it. Many of us are insecure about posting any of our own playing online. This is a safe place. I'm no guitar god. Keep it fun and I bet you'll learn a thing or two. If you're still unsure, read this: The Man In The Arena. Don't be that cold timid soul.

-peace

Last edited:

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
G Minor isn't as sad as D Minor...lol

I can try to dig something up in G Minor

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have a track that I have purchased an educational license for this month. My source site for many of the tracks is now defunct. I'll shorten the track and publish. Just for HC Roadie, its in G Minor. :).

HCRoadie

Reaction score
Ok, I have a track that I have purchased an educational license for this month. My source site for many of the tracks is now defunct. I'll shorten the track and publish. Just for HC Roadie, its in G Minor. :).
Thanks. Just being silly, but I did stumble onto a few fun licks in Gm the other day.

gadafi

Reaction score
Good one J keep up the great work mate!

Where the hell is everyone?

Using the Traditional on this one.... Gm presents some easy open D & G note options here and there....

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Structure:

Gm | Gm | Gm | Gm

Cm | Cm | Gm | Gm

Eb | D | Gm F | Eb D

Orange Lester

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
About 50% done with my track for this month, then off to play catch up on the last couple. Lets hear some more, folks. This is a solid track with plenty of space

Latest Threads