September 2019 BTOTM

Orange Lester

Reaction score
We'll have a go at a Blues this month...

https://soundcloud.com/jay-ellisor%2Fblues-backing

Here is the BTOM mantra:

If this is your first time, here are the guidelines.

What is it?
Every month I'll post a new backing track. It can be from any genre.
Download the track and record a solo over it.
Post your solo here along with what gear you used, recording equipment, and effects added. The more description you give the better.
I'm going to try and keep the backing tracks to under 2 minutes. Anything more is too daunting. Feel free to shorten it even more.
Try to get your recording in by the 3rd week of the month. We'll start over each month.
I'll take ideas on backing tracks so if you have a request, let me know.

Why do this?
Because it'll be fun!
I think this will be a great way to share ideas and see how each other interpret a piece differently. It will also be a good way to share recording techniques and receive overall feedback on our playing if we desire it.
This is NOT a competition!!!
Majority of people on here post great feedback in a helpful constructive way.

"But Bluto I'm scared!!!"
Look, I get it. Many of us are insecure about posting any of our own playing online. This is a safe place. I'm no guitar god. Keep it fun and I bet you'll learn a thing or two. If you're still unsure, read this: The Man In The Arena. Don't be that cold timid soul.

Attachments

Last edited:

parts

Reaction score
Even though I am a Chicago kid originally..my least favorite style is Chicago Jump..so just a quickie..
https://soundcloud.com/docc48%2Flabor-daychicago-jump
71 LPC..pod and Audacity.. After grandson asleep and new kitten (Eee) got tired of attacking the headphones..guitar cables..and me..1:00am..(you can hear when he jumped my left arm near the end !)
Waited 'till today to post..

Last edited:

parts

Reaction score
Same here..haven't touched a guitar for about a month.. But October I mean to get back to it..IF I remember how LOL