Sellers Rant ! Idiot buyers with stupid questions !

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have just come to the conclusion that 93% of buyers either can't or won't read. I get this all day long every time I post one for sale. They ask all the questions that I answered in the ad. And ask if I have more than one pic when there are 20 pics posted. So they don't look at the pics either.

And no trades seems to mean please keep offering me your broken guitar with no pickups as payment.

Honestly we might as well put up one horrible picture and just say "Guitar for sale".

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
So uh, what's it weigh? If it's anything over 8.432224563334 lbs I just can't do it. Cause I have the insane ability to measure weight to the 1000000th of an ounce using my shoulder.

8.433324563335? Damn. Just too heavy. Shame too cause I really liked it.

Crotch

Triggered
Premium Member
Reaction score
And how does your electric guitar sound Unplugged? Cause that's super fuckin important. Does it resonate against your body? You know, does it vibrate and sustain? Oh, and what's it weigh

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Yesterday, I got the “Why are you selling?” for an amp I have listed on kijiji.

Kijiji’s messaging feature shows you when the message was sent and sometimes, when it was read. I answered him 2 minutes after he asked the question, he read it shortly after. A day later, I still haven’t heard back. Oh well...
So why are you selling?

;)

Ermghoti

Reaction score
It's not like a buyer can't get burned.

"This is the best guitar I've ever owned!"
"Why are you selling it?"
"STFU NOOB"
"Alrighty then."

"Why are you selling it?"
"I don't play out any more, and I have enough similar guitars that I can't justify keeping it."
"Looking to fund a [premium brand] instead."

These guys probably have less wiggle room than

"Dog just had surgery, and I had to put it on the credit card."

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
Why am I selling?
Pretty simple really, I would just prefer to have your cash instead of my guitar.
Why are you buying?
I bet it has something to do with you preffering to have my guitar instead of your cash.
It's like it was meant to be!
No!
I want your guitar AND my cash!
So fuck you!

Bobby Mahogany

Reaction score
This kind of crap is exactly why I don sell anything online. Craigs list for local buyers, FB Market place for local buyers, or I take them to a local shop and put them up on consignment. Interweb buyers are too fickle and then they get it and don't like it and want to return it. Not worth the hassle.
I have never heard of "don selling" .
Is this a new concept?

:dunno:

judson

Reaction score
i skipped the 5 pages posted

as a Seller...you want to sell it...so answer every questions no matter how stupid it is...

why do care what they ask...you want their money that is the #1 goal

get over yourself...

fry

Reaction score
I had an amp for sale once. It was in immaculate, like new condition, no issues whatsoever. That’s exactly what I put in the description. I had a guy email me with a couple of questions about certain aspects of the amp. I said “it is in immaculate, like new condition with no issues whatsoever”. To me, that covered any question anybody might have about any particular thing regarding the amp. He disagreed, said I didn’t answer his questions. I felt that I answered his questions and no further explanation was needed. I told him if that wasn’t good enough, move along, I didn’t want his business. I came here and asked everybody what their opinion was, and was pretty much ripped to shreds by 90% of the members. I still think I was right, but I should’ve indulged him a little. He might have bought the amp. I ended up selling it for less money after waiting a lot longer than I wanted

judson

Reaction score
I still think I was right, but I should’ve indulged him a little. He might have bought the amp. I ended up selling it for less money after waiting a lot longer than I wanted
its a lesson learned for the next time.....you a good person to admit it here :h5:

someone taught me years back....if someone is there to hand you money, let them ask a million questions, let them call you an asshole, let them tell you your moms a whore but dont let them leave without getting their money...

it can be that simple if you dont give a rats ass about who is standing in front of you about to give you money...

take all the emotion out of all deals and you will be successful........hard to do but try it and you will be surprised

some president wrote that in a book years back,..it was a HUGE seller...wonder who that was :hmm::applause:

fry

Reaction score
dont let them leave without getting their money
Yeah, his money would have been as good as anyone else’s. I was also a little afraid he might be the type to find a reason to return the amp. Next time I’ll answer as many dumb questions as I have to if it gets the deal done.

ehb

Chief Discombobulator
Premium Member
Reaction score
juds blathering also works when buying....especially a car... It is business, not personal.... Never let it be personal....

After buying a truck from a local dealership a couple decades back, the salesman that is now sales manager and I had an agreement on any vehicle I want to buy. ...forever.... No negotiating.... When I bought a van for wifey some years back, I was looking at vans and he came out and said 'Tell me which one and I'll write it up for you to sign." BAMM... Quick...

TIP: If you are going to buy something, whatever that something is, know about everything there is to know about it beforehand... Not THAT particular one because you don't know before you see it, rather know all about that model... Greatly reduces possibility you get taken for reason such as replaced parts, incorrect identification, etc....

I've had folks bring guitars and such into my shop and tell me what it was and about the only damn thing they had correct was the brand name....

Questions do not bother me at all.... What makes me itch is when somebody walks in with a guitar that is signed by Joe Blow or whomever and tells me how big chippies it's worth but want to know what I think. I am honest. If you ask, brace yourself. I will be as nice as humanly possible but still honest... I had to tell one guy that his hunnert dollar value acoustic guitar that had sigs written on the top was now worth less because somebody wrote on the damn top.....

Had to tell one guy that Urban hasn't built shit....neither has Esteban... but I did it as gently as I could....

And I will not buy a Chib from anyone... nor a Chender.... nor a CheePRS... FTR, I do not care if someone builds a Lester...not even a little bit... I do not care what brand name you put on it.... What I DO care about is if the name Gib or Fend or PRS or etc', is on that guitar and it ain't.... Build a Burst and put your third cousin's name, I do not care but knowingly try to sell me a CHib as a real Gib, and I will probably unload on your ass.... Cannot stand a thief or con....

I realize I am rambling a bit but the take away should be as judson said, it ain't personal so don't make it so.....

Meet in a safe place like right in front of a Police Station or a CSO....in broad daylight.... Dress casual but neutral... and be courteous... honey and vinegar, mang.... Honey and vinegar.... Do NOT show cash until you have read the sit and are ready to change hands.... If there is more than one person, move closer to the building and always have both in front of you. If one meanders off axis, slowly move in an arc so that both are in your view at all times... You do not know them. Think.... I do not want to read about any of my buds here in the funny papers after the fact....

Latest Threads