Sellers on Ebay who DO NOT own the guitars they sell

Boyinblack

Reaction score
Occasionally for fun and to stick it to these vermin, I'll send these sellers with the same guitar the exact same question and tell them I'm ready to buy as soon as they can give me codes on the volume pot or something they can't answer without having the guitar. I like to picture them all running to a guitar shop in Japan the same day asking to remove the back cover or pop out a pick up
hahaha that is pretty funny.

:)

hahaha

the owner is like..."this is the 5th person to come in today to check the pots on this"

;P

irocdave12

Reaction score
hahaha that is pretty funny.

:)

hahaha

the owner is like..."this is the 5th person to come in today to check the pots on this"

;P
That's the idea lol ... Give it whirl sometime. Some of the responses you get for why they can't give you the answer are quite entertaining. Sometimes they make shit up and pretty sure sometimes they actually get the answer

jay1williams

Reaction score
Compiled list from pages 1-6
  • tmg-jp
  • solanokanata
  • catchthewavejapan
  • nin-japan-net
  • japancolors
  • japanheart
  • superpricejapan
  • ryoyaaa98
  • tricraft-guitars
  • tokyo_creators_music
  • superbanjoman
  • tokai-shop
  • house-of-geek
  • eastislandcrew
  • Deep Kashi
  • japannissan
  • massamassa12345
  • lssa-tamago
  • fun-japanproduct
  • sunrise-guitar
  • skillful_sailor_japan
  • sound store japan
  • solemettere

Last edited by a moderator:

riscado

Reaction score
  • tmg-jp
  • solanokanata
  • catchthewavejapan
  • nin-japan-net
  • japancolors
  • japanheart
  • superpricejapan
  • ryoyaaa98
  • tricraft-guitars
  • tokyo_creators_music
  • superbanjoman
  • tokai-shop
  • house-of-geek
  • eastislandcrew
  • Deep Kashi
  • japannissan
  • massamassa12345
  • lssa-tamago
  • fun-japanproduct
  • sunrise-guitar
  • skillful_sailor_japan
  • sound store japan
  • solemettere
  • ninjaguitars

lester polfuss

Reaction score
I have bought (and occasionally still buy) many guitars from Japan. Things have changed radically in the past year or so, and now e-bay is crowded with many "drop shippers" - people who list items that are not in their possession. You can still trust some reputable vendors (such as Tokywax, Batfuk, Solemettere, Great Japanese guy) and the stores (TC Gakki, Ishibashi) who actually own the pieces they list, but it's easy to see the marketplace has been forever polluted by the others. E-bay (whom I tried to address the issue with) simply won't do anything as they make money anyhow - many "drop shippers" pay extra fees to prioritize their listings, and that's all e-bay cares about. In regards to shipping, EMS is usually faster than UPS ground and USPS, and used musical instruments should not be subject to importing taxes, as per US customs website. I hope this helps!

paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Super Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
update
  • catchthewavejapan
  • Deep Kashi
  • eastislandcrew
  • far.east.man
  • fun-japanproduct
  • funtech-music
  • house-of-geek
  • japancolors
  • japanheart
  • japannissan
  • lssa-tamago
  • massamassa12345
  • ninjaguitars
  • nin-japan-net
  • ryoyaaa98
  • skillful_sailor_japan
  • solanokanata
  • solemettere
  • sound store japan
  • spp-international
  • sunrise-guitar
  • superbanjoman
  • superpricejapan
  • tmg-jp
  • tokai-shop
  • tokyo_creators_music
  • tricraft-guitars

Last edited:

greens

Reaction score
It seems to me that the prices of these middle men are often about what you would pay buying it direct and then paying Rinya or whoever to ship. And the buyer protection is probably better with ebay. Am I missing something?

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
It seems to me that the prices of these middle men are often about what you would pay buying it direct and then paying Rinya or whoever to ship. And the buyer protection is probably better with ebay. Am I missing something?

I think on avg their mark up is 40% or more. I dont know if that is in line with using a proxy service

greens

Reaction score
I think on avg their mark up is 40% or more. I dont know if that is in line with using a proxy service
Yes, that is about right. One guitar I was looking it is listed multiple times on ebay, most cheaply at $1,174.00 total. I see it on digimart for $824.18. So the markup is right about 40% ($350). By my calculation Rinkya would charge me $100 in commision fees and then probably another $200 for shipping, if I'm understanding correctly. So the difference is about $50 or possibly less.

m5570

Reaction score
Ninjaguitar is another one. Obviously an American. When he broke down his cost he added the Jap tax in as the geetar was up for auction on the Jap sites. Reported his ass & the EBay guy just hemmed & hawed. They didn’t do shit!

I even posted the link to the auction in one of my replies to him so it was all captured and they didn’t care. Maybe we should hit up the eBay fb and post a bunch of links? I have no problem w/ drop shipping other things but the bs when you don’t own the guitar yr trying to sell... that’s fucked up.

greens

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't understand what the problem is. All these guys are doing is giving you another option. I find their listings helpful because it tips me off about what is on digimart these days. And if you want you can find the cheapest reseller, compare it with the Rinkya price, and decide if it is worth paying a little bit more to save the hassle of using Rinkya.

longfxukxnhair

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't understand what the problem is. All these guys are doing is giving you another option. I find their listings helpful because it tips me off about what is on digimart these days. And if you want you can find the cheapest reseller, compare it with the Rinkya price, and decide if it is worth paying a little bit more to save the hassle of using Rinkya.

The problem is that they dont say that they are acting as a middle man. I have asked numerous questions and they give vague answers while acting like the guitar is in their possession.Then there are stories of bait and switch because the actual guitar sold in store.

If they would be upfront about what they are doing, I wouldnt have as much of a problem with it.

m5570

Reaction score
Another option? No, they are not. If you’re too lazy to look at the sites that’s on you. But you sound like you’re one of them from your post... so which one are you?