Seen this on another forum or face book...

rbraad68

Reaction score
hey guys.

seen this guitar someone slapped together that i really like atleast the concept. i guess i would need to find a LP style bolt on body and a ernie ball evh style neck or somthing after market. i was thinking about looking for one of epiphones bolt on series body's to use as a base. would be cool to fine one with a trem hole already cut out. maybe a floyd rose trem something along those lines with the ernie ball neck?? any idea's for a body i'm not all that educated on what epiphone has in the bolt on series.. just a fun project i want to do. any sugestions please feel free to chime in.

thx guys

Attachments

ARandall

Reaction score
Warmoth have 'not quite' Les Paul bodies which have fender style neck pockets. Any of their neck shapes will typically fit....as well as being able to spec all or any body routs

rbraad68

Reaction score
Warmoth have 'not quite' Les Paul bodies which have fender style neck pockets. Any of their neck shapes will typically fit....as well as being able to spec all or any body routs
i was woundering about the neck pocket and how the evh style neck would fit using using an actual epi LP body?? i guess i was wanting to be lazy and just use the bottom half of a epiphone LP . you make a good point on using a warmoth body. i wounder if i can just buy a body already painted? i was thinking satin blk or blk . plus i could prob get a 4*2 neck as well from warmoth. need to check out thier site and see what kinda money is involved ? plus i deff want to use a decent quality neck if not an actual ernie ball neck. thx man that's acyualy not a bad idea....

rbraad68

Reaction score
Yay or Nay ?? I kinda like it flat against the guitar instead of the bracket. still waiting on the gold bracket to see how it looks properly installed.....

not sure i like it on the cusrtom though???

**edit**
the bracket came in today for the pick plate. "True Custom Shop " replacement parts. First time using this product and i say that im impressed.. I am usualy the first person to rip the pocker chip off and the pick plate but i must say I think i like looks of this classic witht he white perloid plate .. i'm going to try and keep it on the guitar..

Attachments

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score
ok back on topic.. i orederd the neck off eBay. talking to the guy who built the above example. he told me the neck fit nicely into the epiphone body's pocket so i figured i'd try the neck he used. not sure if i'll like the quality of a 37 dollar neck but it's worth a shot. now i just need to find a special 100 epi bolt on body..

CB91710

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i was woundering about the neck pocket and how the evh style neck would fit using using an actual epi LP body?? i guess i was wanting to be lazy and just use the bottom half of a epiphone LP . you make a good point on using a warmoth body. i wounder if i can just buy a body already painted? i was thinking satin blk or blk . plus i could prob get a 4*2 neck as well from warmoth. need to check out thier site and see what kinda money is involved ? plus i deff want to use a decent quality neck if not an actual ernie ball neck. thx man that's acyualy not a bad idea....
I would caution against trying to mix and match manufacturers that aren't "intended" to go together.
I have no idea what the specs for the Epiphone or EVH neck pockets or scale length are, but you can get into a huge can of worms and think you have a guitar that fits, only to find that it won't intonate properly because the distance from the bridge to the neck heel is not the same.
Even among the same manufacturer:
Fender Squier Mini 22.75" scale length 20 frets... neck and body ARE compatible with standard Stratocaster neck and body at 25.5" and 21 or 22 frets.
Fender Mustang and Jaguar, 24" scale length and 22 frets are not compatible at all with the Stratocaster.

MOST aftermarket/kit bodies and necks are designed around the Fender standards, but that may not apply to Epiphone bolt on LP models like the LP100.

Two options that would be "for sure compatible" would be a bolt-on kit build from Solo Music, Fretwire, or one of the other kit importers.... but that's going to leave you to your own devices for adding non-standard parts like a tremolo, which in itself would be pretty involved on a kit that wasn't set up for it.
The other option is Warmoth.
Their bodies and necks are compatible, and they will custom-route your body design.
Their LP style body is called the "Regal"

Not cheap, but this is top quality stuff, and they will route the LP style body for a Floyd or any other standard tremolo

WMLP.jpg

rbraad68

Reaction score
I would caution against trying to mix and match manufacturers that aren't "intended" to go together.
I have no idea what the specs for the Epiphone or EVH neck pockets or scale length are, but you can get into a huge can of worms and think you have a guitar that fits, only to find that it won't intonate properly because the distance from the bridge to the neck heel is not the same.
Fender Squier Mini 22.75" scale length 20 frets... neck and body ARE compatible with standard Stratocaster neck and body at 25.5" and 21 or 22 frets.
Fender Mustang and Jaguar, 24" scale length and 22 frets are not compatible at all with the Stratocaster.

MOST aftermarket/kit bodies and necks are designed around the Fender standards, but that may not apply to Epiphone bolt on LP models like the LP100.

Two options that would be "for sure compatible" would be a bolt-on kit build from Solo Music, Fretwire, or one of the other kit importers.... but that's going to leave you to your own devices for adding non-standard parts like a tremolo, which in itself would be pretty involved on a kit that wasn't set up for it.
Their bodies and necks are compatible, and they will custom-route your body design.

Not cheap, but this is top quality stuff, and they will route the LP style body for a Floyd or any other standard tremolo

View attachment 514288
i don't own a guitar with trem on it . i'm thinking this build would look and play exellent with a floyde rose trem.. 700 bucks though just for the body?? i need to check out that site and see what they have. also you seem pretty resourcefull i'm lookikng for an epi body as my first option.. thx man

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't own a guitar with trem on it . i'm thinking this build would look and play exellent with a floyde rose trem.. 700 bucks though just for the body?? i need to check out that site and see what they have. also you seem pretty resourcefull i'm lookikng for an epi body as my first option.. thx man
It's not a simple matter installing a Floyd or other trem into an LP style body with an arched top.
Ya, that's $700 for the finished body... ready to rock and roll with your parts. It's only around $450 without the finish, so if you just want to shoot it black yourself, you can save a couple of hundred.
They don't list opaque paint options for the LP bodies, but you can contact them and ask if they can shoot a basic black.

Keep in mind that the LP body is routed for the wiring channel from the control cavity to the switch, and the rear route for the spring cavity might penetrate that.
Might be better to go with one of the Trem models designed to retrofit to the LP body.

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
not sure i want to use a new guitar but this just might fit the bill? i cant tell if it has an arch top or not??

That's a 24.75" scale length. That neck shows 12.75" from the nut to 12th fret, so it's a 25.5" scale.
I seriously doubt that the ebay neck is going to intonate properly unless you move the bridge back.
I know the guy who made the blue one said that it fit, but does he claim that it intonates properly?
I'd hate to see you dump $350 into parts and have to toss the neck.

rbraad68

Reaction score
That's a 24.75" scale length. That neck shows 12.75" from the nut to 12th fret, so it's a 25.5" scale.
I seriously doubt that the ebay neck is going to intonate properly unless you move the bridge back.
I know the guy who made the blue one said that it fit, but does he claim that it intonates properly?
I'd hate to see you dump $350 into parts and have to toss the neck.
i need to ask the guy. so your saying i dont have the right scale leanth with the neck i bought? what do i need to order scale wise to get it right? 37 dollars for the neck i can eat that.

i found this last night on ebay. 2020 studio lite all hardware minus the pups 122 bucks.

**edit**
so i need to find a 24.75 scale neck? i'll have to email the guy i bought the other neck from and see if he has any in that style with the 24.75 scale?

Attachments

Last edited:

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
It depends on the measurement from the bridge to the 12th fret when the new neck is mounted.
The replacement neck is a drop-in for a Fender body. It is possible, though unlikely, that it will also fit the Epiphone body.
IF the measurement from the bridge to the neck mounting holes are the same on the Epiphone as on a Fender body, then the neck will be compatible.
Not having access to a bolt-on Epiphone, I can't say with certainty, but it is not likely to be compatible.
If you can get the measurement for the Epiphone, I can give you the matching dimension on a Strat.

ARandall

Reaction score
Intonation will be pretty much an 'unsolvable' deal breaker if you use the wrong scale neck on a body. Saddles on any bridge barely have enough travel to intonate the range with the right scale.
Its the reason that I recommended Warmoth. They have matching neck shaft and pocket with the scale length part of the information they give on the 'body type' page. You can simply bolt the two together and fit the hardware and you have a winner. If not, then you're up for a whole host of woodwork - even assuming this is a possible fix, and I can pretty much tell you're not the sort of person who could deal with having to modify guitars with new routs.

rbraad68

Reaction score
Intonation will be pretty much an 'unsolvable' deal breaker if you use the wrong scale neck on a body. Saddles on any bridge barely have enough travel to intonate the range with the right scale.
Its the reason that I recommended Warmoth. They have matching neck shaft and pocket with the scale length part of the information they give on the 'body type' page. You can simply bolt the two together and fit the hardware and you have a winner. If not, then you're up for a whole host of woodwork - even assuming this is a possible fix, and I can pretty much tell you're not the sort of person who could deal with having to modify guitars with new routs.
i totally agree i'm not that person!! i found a 24.75 scale neck there's actually a few of them to choose from on ebay. i'm not going to be able to get the one pictured above but i did find a ebony board with the PRS looking head stock or a maple board with the PRS head stock ofcourse they are twice as much as the org neck i had planned on using. i post a link to the neck i hope will work to see what you guys think before i order this time..

thx guys.

rbraad68

Reaction score
It depends on the measurement from the bridge to the 12th fret when the new neck is mounted.
The replacement neck is a drop-in for a Fender body. It is possible, though unlikely, that it will also fit the Epiphone body.
IF the measurement from the bridge to the neck mounting holes are the same on the Epiphone as on a Fender body, then the neck will be compatible.
Not having access to a bolt-on Epiphone, I can't say with certainty, but it is not likely to be compatible.
If you can get the measurement for the Epiphone, I can give you the matching dimension on a Strat.

as soon as i have the body in hand i'll post a measurement. as i posted above i found a few conversion necks and a few 24.75 scale necks i will also post the links before ordering this time..

thx man.

rbraad68

Reaction score

i really like this one :=)

and this one!!

i really wanted a maple neck this is one i found in maple and 24.75 scale

Last edited:

rbraad68

Reaction score

View attachment 514288
what is the link to this company? i'm thinking of having a LP made from them. do they do one piece units? i'm not sure i want a trem unit on this guitar and deff want a set neck if i'm spending the money. having a quality body and neck already painted would be awesome! have you bought any of these body's whats the quality? just that picture you posted got me thinking ...

I was thinking about picking up another epiphone lp this yr so that money would go towards this instead..! the body i just bought i'm going the cheap route :=) the body should be here today and im thinking about going with the 24.75 scale neck with the bird inlays and maple fret board with the prs head stock. should be a cool little guitar and cheap!!

this is the neck i think i'm going to use...

CB91710

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Warmoth.com is the main site.
They don't do any set-neck that I know of. AFAIK, everything is standard Fender scale, though they do sell conversion necks that can mount on a Fender-spec body and shorten the scale to the Gibson length, or lengthen to baritone.
They do have a 7/8" body designed specifically for their short scale neck, and a Fender Mustanf/Jag neck is a bolt-on... it's not compatible with Strat necks.

rbraad68

Reaction score
ok so a little update on my project. i recieved the body the other day and stripped everything off i wasn't going to use. i had org planned on buying a tone pro bridge system and grover locking tuners for this build but the body seems a little cheap to me and i couldn't see dumping all that money into this project. i decided to use some of the parts i had laying around. i had a decent bridge and tail piece from one of my other epi lp's that will work just fine. ive been gathering up bits and pieces i have in my parts box. this is what ive collected so far. the zibra neck pick up outa my 2020 classic. i have a JB syemour duncan i can use for the bridge. i also have new pots and caps with the toggle and input jack i can use. i ordered the neck in the correct scale leangh 24.75 .. onc i get the neck installed i will start working on wiring it up...
body 01.jpg

Latest Threads