Seeking Info on 2013 R9 Custom Select - Limited Run / 25pcs made

SaschaK

Reaction score
Hi all,

i was offered a 2013 R9. It has full case candy and COA saying it was a limited run with only 25 pieces made. They say, it was made from selected tone woods, all 25 guitars come with wild flame top. unfortunately i cannot find any information in the web about that run.

Does someone have some information about those guitars? What value would you estimate (Europe)?
I wonder if this one is chambered or solid?

Attached are some pictures.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Sascha

Attachments

Last edited:

Tim Plains

Reaction score
Can't read what's written on the COA. It could just be a dealer run where somebody chose all of the wood, which could explain why they all have wide flame.

Someone from the dealer picking pieces of tone wood doesn't mean the guitar will be any better than other R9s, that's just marketing, and several dealers do that.

I'd say $4,000 - $4,500 US for that one.

Chambered reissues have CR serial numbers.

guitardon

Reaction score
That guitar is stunning. I don’t think it matters which dealer ordered it, it is what it is, an incredible 2013 R9. I don’t think that run will make it more marketable or not. And someone responded that it isn’t chambered. All I can say is you got yourself I great looking guitar.

SaschaK

Reaction score
Did not buy it yet ;-) But i am considering it.

guitardon

Reaction score
I guess it all depends on the price, personally I wouldn’t pay more for it cause it was 1 of 25 made. Its still a great looking guitar and if the price is right go for it. At the end of the day it is one out of 25 ordered from that dealer but one of a thousand made then. Unless it’s a CC or Braz, i wouldn’t pay more than another not of that run.

SaschaK

Reaction score
I dont think it was made for a specific dealer. But i dont know for sure - thats why i am looking for info ;-)
Prices in Germany are quite different than in US. A used CC just got sold on ebay for 6,000 Euro/7,200 Dollar.

A Used 59 usually goes for roughly the same range.

buckwild

Reaction score
In my opinion It’s just a 2013 r9 with a specified color...anybody can pick tops, doesn’t really mean much in terms of resale from my experience. If this is priced fair like other 2013s it’s worth it, but I dont think it warrants any kind of an upcharge

Last edited:

Latest Threads