Seeking guidance on 68RI Les Paul Custom runs

BlakeHTP

Reaction score
As the title states, I'm looking for info on the 68 reissue Les Paul Customs.

I've been collecting these in different colours for the last 7 or 8 years and it was just brought to my attention that a run of "transparent black" 68's was made in 2005. I've never seen these before, in all my years of scouring ebay.

Does anyone know if there was only one run of these? Or the number produced? I'm guessing not many.

More importantly, does anyone here have one?

Tim Plains

Reaction score
No idea but I wouldn't mind knowing how many different colors/versions there are.

Black
White
Tri-burst
Pelham

Anything else?

kakerlak

Reaction score
No idea but I wouldn't mind knowing how many different colors/versions there are.

Black
White
Tri-burst
Pelham

Anything else?
I've seen natural and I've seen a few much more traditional/subtle/elegant bursts in the vintage pattern, rather than the rim bursts that all the tri-bursts seem to be.

Dark Horse

Reaction score
On the bottom left it shows out of production colour schemes which trans black is one of.

BlakeHTP

Reaction score

Black
White
Tri-burst
Pelham

Anything else?
I personally own black, white, silverburst, antique pelham, natural and transparent red.

There's a good amount of tribursts out there, and some cherry sunburst/butterscotch variants. I know of at least one transparent blue version that was made. Green and purple are out there.

Latest Threads