Searching for R7 in Europe...

dimitri

Reaction score
First things first, so hello to all of you!
The fine people over at thegearpage send me over to his forum, regarding my search , and questions, for a Gibson R7

I've saved pretty much the amount of money by now to buy myself a new one.
Really want a darkback finish, but since I can't seem to find them anywhere ( webshops not included) , I might settle with a regular finish.

Does anybody know some well respected dealers in Belgium, Netherlands or Germany that carries Custom Gibson guitars?

I certainly do not want to buy online , and want to play,see and hear the guitar myself before I buy.

As mentioned on TGP, I am not looking to buy a 2nd hand guitar from a not dealer.

But something popped up a couple of days back and it caught my interest, also because it's only a 30 minute drive from me...

Would you guys mind checking this out , and tell me if this seems pretty legit or not?
Or things that I could keep in mind if I go and check that guitar out ?
If you scroll through the photos, you'll see that in one picture the pickguard has the Gibson sticker on it, while all the other stickers don't.
This is already something that makes me worry about it...

My french is really bad, but the seller says its an 2012 R7, and listed all the specs.

http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muzie...ar/gibson-les-paul-custom-gold-304569722.html

Further I've found these 3 :

Gibson Custom Les Paul 1957 CS7 Standard VOS

http://www.guitarking.nl/csl/gibson...57_CS7_Standard_VOS?search=gibson paul&page=3

Gibson Custom Occasion 57 Les Paul VOS ( occasion from a dealer! )

http://www.guitarking.nl/csl/gibson...ion_57_Les_Paul_VOS?search=gibson paul&page=2

Gibson Custom Les Paul 1957 2013 VOS

http://www.guitarking.nl/csl/gibson..._Custom_Les_Paul_1957_2013_VOS?search=goldtop

And to be honest, I have no idea what the big differences are between them.
Only thing I know is that I played an R7 years ago in a shop abroad, when I was on holiday.
Didn't bought it , cause I hadn't had the money and thought to myself that I would or could never spend such an amount of money on a guitar.

Well , here I am now.. ready to spend such an amount of money on a guitar, but in desperate help of info and input :)

So any help or insight regarding the models, pricing,years ... would be very much appreciated!

Sorry for the long post and probably the bad grammar.

Thanks in advance,
Dimitri

Tim Plains

Reaction score
You're worried about the pickguard sticker? :confused:

It attaches by static cling. You can take it off as many times as you want. If something as minuscule as that bothers you forget about buying a 2012 all together.

joedonner2001

Reaction score
You're worried about the pickguard sticker? :confused:

It attaches by static cling. You can take it off as many times as you want. If something as minuscule as that bothers you forget about buying a 2012 all together.

Agreed.

Find a good 2nd hand 2013 or 2014 R7 and you're done. Buy a new amp with the money you save.

Louie

Reaction score
But something popped up a couple of days back and it caught my interest, also because it's only a 30 minute drive from me...

Would you guys mind checking this out , and tell me if this seems pretty legit or not?
Or things that I could keep in mind if I go and check that guitar out ?
If you scroll through the photos, you'll see that in one picture the pickguard has the Gibson sticker on it, while all the other stickers don't.
This is already something that makes me worry about it...

My french is really bad, but the seller says its an 2012 R7, and listed all the specs.

http://www.2dehands.be/muziek/muzie...ar/gibson-les-paul-custom-gold-304569722.html

2550€ is pretty high for a used 2012 R7 which most likely suffers from "laminated fretboard" syndrome. Personally I wouldn't pay more than 2000€ for it.

If you want to buy used from a shop, the prices will be much higher than that and most likely you'll only find 2013+ models nowadays, meaning nothing under 3000€.
Keep checking Marktplaats and 2eHands, but also tfoa.eu and rjvguitars.com here in The Netherlands.

dimitri

Reaction score
many responses, lost a bit of track ...
I'm not concerned about the sticker ofcourse, but I didn't know it was removable and could've been applied back on...
I didn't know that , so the guy could've easily took another random gibson picture of the internet.

Anyway, I mailed with the guy and he's been quite rude in his responses. So I'm already done with it.

Since my little knowledge about the guitars, I want to play safe and if I buy 2nd hand it has to be from a dealer. Why ? Rather spend 3500 or more on something that is correct and inspected ( by a shop, dealer ), than losing 2000 - 2500 from someone who might have messed up the guitar ( and I might not see at the moment )

Anyway, thanks a lot for the responses !

Latest Threads