SDOTD: Supro Blues King 10's $349 shipped

Central Scrutinizer

Reaction score
Thanks for your tip on the Blues King 12 that was on sale at Sweetwater. I had recently bought one and called my sales guy after reading your post.
i got a store credit for the difference between the sale price and what I paid.
Thanks to you!

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many hassles to ship to Canada, but have a Blues King 8 and after looking around, I ordered a Supro Tremolo pedal from a dealer up here :D

I love tremolo. It will likely sound good into into the BK8.
It will be my 7th tremolo pedal ;)

Bud Stoner

Something Something Jedi...
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too many hassles to ship to Canada, but have a Blues King 8 and after looking around, I ordered a Supro Tremolo pedal from a dealer up here :D

I love tremolo. It will likely sound good into into the BK8.
It will be my 7th tremolo pedal ;)
I've been really digging' the Blues King 8 myself. If they're going to go on a great sale, I'm so in.

As an owner of one, what are your thoughts on the amp?

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been really digging' the Blues King 8 myself. If they're going to go on a great sale, I'm so in.

As an owner of one, what are your thoughts on the amp?
Easy to get break up/distortion by cranking the gain and setting the volume to taste. It's only 1W but plenty loud in an apartment. It's a bit dark, but I like that rather than bright. The boost makes it a bit louder.
It's well made; poplar ply cabinet, excellent Tolex work, and the speaker has a jack so you can plug the amp into another cab by using a 1/4" double female connector and another speaker cable.

I tried to get a BK8 from Cosmo Music as I have bought there before, but they don't stock it (in an email they would only consider it if there was demand) and they weren't interested at all in a price match. So I bought from LA Music for the first time, for $400 and free shipping.

Central Scrutinizer

Reaction score
Excellent.
Great build quality. Made in China.
This out Fenders the Fender “blues” offerings IMHO.
Great value, especially on sale.

Svet

Reaction score
I ordered one and I don’t know anything about these amps. I figured why not? I see Sweetwater has them for the same $350 too. It’s a little surprising as my research tells me they just came out earlier this year. Do they come with the footswitch?

Roxy13

Reaction score
Yeah, after seeing the price drops at both SW and now MF I'm wondering if these amps are being discontinued already?

Central Scrutinizer

Reaction score
Don’t know why they are being discounted.
May be a hardball business deal, trying to get better pricing? Just speculating, as I know nothing about big business, except they get rich and I pay them for the opportunity.
all good reviews on these.
SWEETWATER has had some pretty good deals off and on , on Supro’s for a while.

Svet

Reaction score
MF (Willowbrook guitar center)just emailed me saying they only have one and it's an open box....WTF bait and switch....said no thanks

efstop

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supro was owned by Absara Sound in NYC until this year, then sold to Bond Audio, parent company to D'Angelico and Pigtronix.

Svet

Reaction score
Oh well, guess I missed out as Sweetwater seems to be out and I cancelled my MF order. I will never order from them again as this bait and switch left a bad taste in my mouth. It's no wonder Guitar Center/MF are in such shambles.

Latest Threads