Scragglebeard hit my truck.

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
So, I was heading into Charlotte, coming up from the south, this morning, and saw a stoppage ahead. The funneling of slowed traffic put me into the far left lane, and finally at a complete stop. A second or two after I stopped, somebody behind me failed to fully complete the complicated maneuver, and the front end of their BMW ended up occupying the same space-time as the rear end of my truck.

There was only a half shoulder on that side, but I pulled into it as best I could, preparing to do the info swap. The other driver pulled up on my right side, and lowered his window... it was SCRAGGLEBEARD!!!, the 2015 or 2016 edition with the big gauge nose ring and blue skater hair.

Dang you Scragglebeard.

Anywho, Scraggle says “well, so, like, the back of your truck doesn’t look too bad, sooooo....

That happens to be a pet-peeve of mine. Either finish your damned sentence or don’t. Don’t expect me to finish it for you by ending with “soooooooo....”.

Sooooooo.... once I realized he was going to leave it there, and was putting himself in the very clear and present risk of running out of ‘o’s, I finished it for him in the way I figured he’d least like for it to end... “pull over, let’s exchange info, and call the police.”

He says “ok” and starts working his way over to the right shoulder. I follow. After he got there, but before I did, a State Trooper went by, lights on, I assume on his way to the accident ahead that had traffic stopped.

When I get to the shoulder, Scragglebeard is nowhere to be found. I drive along the shoulder a 1/4 mile or so until I come to the accident scene- still no Scragglebeard.

The SC state and county police are just finishing up their work and I spot a Deputy near where I had stopped, so I get out and let him know that Scragglebeard v16 had rear-ended me, and that it appeared that he’d run off. Deputy asks if it was a gray BMW. I reply in the affirmative. Deputy chuckles and says “Yup, we got him up the way a piece. May be a North Carolina guy working him now, but we got him. Came through here and almost hit that tow truck. Go on through. The fellas up there will get you squared up.... and have a nice day, sir.”

I carefully drive through what remains of the accident scene, and go almost a mile before I see any more flashing lights.

They got Scragglebeard.

Eventually, Scraggle’s mother-buffarilla shows up, braless and be-flip-flopped, and proceeds to hugging on her baby-beard. Scraggle is sobbing up such a storm into mama’s bosom that I begin to fear she’s about to put on a one-buffarilla wet-t-shirt contest for all of us.

Statie (still in SC) gives me my accident report to keep me in the free with my insurance company, and sends me on my way- carrying a whole handful of papers over to Scraggle and Mama. I think they got him for fleeing the scene, probably evasion, and I don’t know whatever might come for speeding through an occupied accident scene... and whatever dipshit had in his car or his system that caused him to want to run.

I hope they throw the book at him. I wouldn’t normally be pissed about a little fender-bender, but this fucker was actively trying to steal from me. I thought for sure I was going to be out a deductible (wife later informed me we have $0 ded.) and however much the insurance wanted to raise my rates.

The only people worse than mayors; Scragglebeards.

When does season open on them, again?

Pop1655

Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love a story with a happy ending

brokentoeswalker

Reaction score

Tone deaf

Reaction score
So, I was heading into Charlotte, coming up from the south, this morning, and saw a stoppage ahead. The funneling of slowed traffic put me into the far left lane, and finally at a complete stop. A second or two after I stopped, somebody behind me failed to fully complete the complicated maneuver, and the front end of their BMW ended up occupying the same space-time as the rear end of my truck.

There was only a half shoulder on that side, but I pulled into it as best I could, preparing to do the info swap. The other driver pulled up on my right side, and lowered his window... it was SCRAGGLEBEARD!!!, the 2015 or 2016 edition with the big gauge nose ring and blue skater hair.

Dang you Scragglebeard.

Anywho, Scraggle says “well, so, like, the back of your truck doesn’t look too bad, sooooo....

That happens to be a pet-peeve of mine. Either finish your damned sentence or don’t. Don’t expect me to finish it for you by ending with “soooooooo....”.

Sooooooo.... once I realized he was going to leave it there, and was putting himself in the very clear and present risk of running out of ‘o’s, I finished it for him in the way I figured he’d least like for it to end... “pull over, let’s exchange info, and call the police.”

He says “ok” and starts working his way over to the right shoulder. I follow. After he got there, but before I did, a State Trooper went by, lights on, I assume on his way to the accident ahead that had traffic stopped.

When I get to the shoulder, Scragglebeard is nowhere to be found. I drive along the shoulder a 1/4 mile or so until I come to the accident scene- still no Scragglebeard.

The SC state and county police are just finishing up their work and I spot a Deputy near where I had stopped, so I get out and let him know that Scragglebeard v16 had rear-ended me, and that it appeared that he’d run off. Deputy asks if it was a gray BMW. I reply in the affirmative. Deputy chuckles and says “Yup, we got him up the way a piece. May be a North Carolina guy working him now, but we got him. Came through here and almost hit that tow truck. Go on through. The fellas up there will get you squared up.... and have a nice day, sir.”

I carefully drive through what remains of the accident scene, and go almost a mile before I see any more flashing lights.

They got Scragglebeard.

Eventually, Scraggle’s mother-buffarilla shows up, braless and be-flip-flopped, and proceeds to hugging on her baby-beard. Scraggle is sobbing up such a storm into mama’s bosom that I begin to fear she’s about to put on a one-buffarilla wet-t-shirt contest for all of us.

Statie (still in SC) gives me my accident report to keep me in the free with my insurance company, and sends me on my way- carrying a whole handful of papers over to Scraggle and Mama. I think they got him for fleeing the scene, probably evasion, and I don’t know whatever might come for speeding through an occupied accident scene... and whatever dipshit had in his car or his system that caused him to want to run.

I hope they throw the book at him. I wouldn’t normally be pissed about a little fender-bender, but this fucker was actively trying to steal from me. I thought for sure I was going to be out a deductible (wife later informed me we have $0 ded.) and however much the insurance wanted to raise my rates.

The only people worse than mayors; Scragglebeards.

When does season open on them, again?
The first thing I do is whip out my phone and get a photo of the plate. Then he can run all he wants.

Back before cell phones were a thing, I was driving a rental car in the godforsaken land known as Long Island. As it turned out, the rental car did not have a rubber pad on the brake, it was bare metal. So, I stopped at a stop light behind some Oldsmabuick and my foot slipped off the brake and we rolled into the rear end. I immediately put it in park and ran up to the driver's window. I asked if everyone was OK. Of course it was two older women who immediately started saying "Oh my back! Mildred, get his information!" I told the driver, "Of course I will give you my information. Let's pull into the parking lot up ahead on the right" so as to get ourselves out of the intersection.

Well, I knew that I had stepped into it. My GF and I were on holiday (of sorts) attending a friend's wedding, blah, blah, blah. However, I did happen to have my good camera, with the long lens on it, sitting on the back seat. So, I reached back, grabbed the camera and took 20-30 photos of the rear end of the other car (absolutely zero damage) and the two old bags walking around the car, before I hopped out to provide my info to the other driver. I asked her to take a look at the rear of her car (I couldn't see and damage) and that I was happy to wait for the police. Well, eventually the two old bags said they didn't want to wait for the police. So, we both left.

I got back into the office a few days later and I get a call from a lawyer, representing to two "Victims" in the "Crash." He goes on and on about how there was thousands of dollars of damage to the car and that both women were suffering in pain from the accident.

I responded with "Do you know what "Insurance fraud" is?" He respond that of course he knew what it was. I said, "Well, I think that you had better explain exactly what it is to your clients. Then tell them that I have over 20 very clear, high resolution photos of the car and both of them walking around, taken with a telephoto lens, immediately after the "Accident." Then tell them that if I ever hear about this again (other than to tell me that there is no claim being made) I will press criminal charges and begin a civil law suit naming both of them." He called me about 10 minutes later to state that there was no longer a claim being made.

SteveC

Village Elder
V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
I think leaving the scene of an accident here in PA will get you a ride and a photo. That little cocksucker got off easy. He should have been arrested on the spot.

Of course, his Affluenza defense will get him off, however.

Becker34

Reaction score
The only people who hit me are uninsured fuckstains and hit and run dickholes.

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
I think leaving the scene of an accident here in PA will get you a ride and a photo. That little cocksucker got off easy. He should have been arrested on the spot.

Of course, his Affluenza defense will get him off, however.
Leaving the scene is a crime in most places I think? Glad the got the bastard.
I don’t know for sure that they didn’t arrest him. At one point, there were two Troopers, and a Deputy on him, but, by the time the Trooper gave me my paperwork and sent me on my way, he was the only one left, and Scraggle wasn’t in bracelets. I tend to think that, if they were going to arrest him, they’d have done it when there was still back-up on the scene.

The Trooper did apologize, at one point, for how long it was taking, and mentioned that he told Scraggle to call his mama, so I at least think he wasn’t going to be driving away on his own. Also, the Deputy who briefed the Trooper did say something about something being expired- I don’t know of that was his license, tags, or (hopefully not) his insurance.

I’m going to try to find the report in a few days. Just morbid curiosity, and, admittedly, a bit of selfish bitterness.

I looked it over closely this morning, and the only damage does appear to be the bumper- thankfully no bodywork. The bumper bolts on, but, being a Raptor, I bet it’s a $3k part. May be a perfect opportunity to put the insurance money into an aftermarket one with a better departure angle.

Latest Threads