Scientists Grow Mini Brains and Transfer Thoughts between Brains

NeptuneBlue

Reaction score
Electricity is magic!!!!

Sooooo can a very musically talent person program say a not so musically person brain? If so sign me up cause I want to be able to play!!

:facepalm: This is a really bad idea. Typical, jump on an idea that sounds good without even thinking.

There are so many ways this could be abused, and degrade our world as a whole. I'd say the human race is screwed up enough as it is.

NeptuneBlue

Reaction score
I had that song in mind when thinking about this, actually

NeptuneBlue

Reaction score
I think books leave more room for free thought upon receiving information about what you just learned, which is essential for application and deep thought and inner realizations about the information you're given.

I can't explain exactly how I feel about this (though I could certainly try harder than I just did:laugh2:), but if you were to plug into my head to see, there's a danger that you might use that as a structure instead of a building block. You would accept it as truth instead of further trying to delve into the ideas

circles

Reaction score
wha? I'm afraid to even read it...

Attachments

31.1 KB · Views: 8

BluesRock

Reaction score
Wow that second part is scary if you think down the road.
Surgically implant that in someones head and you basically have mind control for all kinds of criminal applications.

Alligatorbling

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
we live in the dawn of interesting times.

despite how advanced folks think we are, we are still in the dark ages.... indoor plumbing and electricity are still very new in the grand scheme of time.

in the next 100 years things are going to take off, rapid fire fast..... even so, its nothing compared to 1000 years from now, if we haven't nuked ourselves.

geochem1st

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Lookit us.... Transferring ideas from one brain to another, the old fashioned way!

Although... Socrates was against writing, as he felt it could not convey knowledge properly. Maybe this "next step" would be better than books.

socrates was correct... the written word is misinterpreted more often than not, and can not convey the spectrum of nuance that verbal/physical communication does convey.

brain to brain direct... is vastly too intrusive.

rcole_sooner

Beach Bum
Platinum Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, hells, yes.

I am ready for the great uploading.

:applause:

Rowdymoon

Reaction score
Whats the big deal...my big brain has been controlling my little brain since I was b......oh look boobies!!!

Meatwad

Reaction score
My brain is a rotisserie chicken.....or a squeaky toy.

Oh hell, I dunno, I'm just gonna go to my room and wait for my body to die.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVIS9d83Boo[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgmiGN2mi2M"][/ame]

NeptuneBlue

Reaction score
we live in the dawn of interesting times.

despite how advanced folks think we are, we are still in the dark ages.... indoor plumbing and electricity are still very new in the grand scheme of time.

in the next 100 years things are going to take off, rapid fire fast..... even so, its nothing compared to 1000 years from now, if we haven't nuked ourselves.

It's nice that you give us even 100 years to last. If we haven't nuked ourselves, we'll die from pollution, etc. by 1000, almost guaranteed. Humans are pretty damn stupid in the grand scheme of things.

Clypher

Reaction score
Did I miss something or have they already been growing boobs in a lab? Because that should take priority over this

Dr.Distortion

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Knowledge will truly be shared...
"You" will be uploaded to a "platform" as needed /wanted.
"Death" will be suspension in storage...

Latest Threads